Sticky throttle.

My throttle has become increasingly troublesome in that it won’t return to shut when you lift off. Will sit at 2krpm unless you blip it or hook your foot around the back and lift the peddle slightly. Have check the entire route if the linkages and lubed every point. The peddle box is all intact and I have stripped and clean the throttle body in case the butterfly was sticking. Thought I’d sorted it but it has returned.

I think the return spring on either peddle or the throttle body has just lost spring. Is this likely to be the case and will replacing be the only option or can I add a helper spring some where. 

When this happened to mine it was the pivot point on the gearbox sticking. Given a throttle lift lowers the speed at least it's somewhere in the linkage and not something harder to find!

Agree with Roy, likely to be gearbox pivot. One of the few truly easy jobs on a 911! Remove and re-grease, hopefully that will fix it. If not you could put a stronger return spring on to get over the problem temporarily. 

23 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

Unfortunately done that already. 😟

will clean and re grease. 

what they say ^^ , I replaced the pivot on the side of the gbox and some of the linkages as well when I did it 

3.2 or SC? 

SCs have two throttle return springs, both are engine end and actually quite strong. I had one break and then found out they had both gone, so the throttle sticks wide open. This quickens the pulse somewhat! 

it could also be the clutch cable fouling, either in the tunnel or on the passenger gearbox side, where the pivot is.  Give it a squirt with WD40. Also check the pivot point on the top of the engine case, the bushes can fail there too.