Air Joggler/Flange Setter

I'm thinking of getting one of these so that I don't have to do butt joints. They can be had for £30 upwards.

Anyone got one or used one and what did you think?

I’ve had a Clarke air joggler and punch for quite a few years and before that a manual tool with the same function. The air tool was around £50 and has a very low air consumption, so works with a small compressor.  Both work well but the air tool is much easier if you’ve a lot to do. I still use that manual tool if I’m just punching a few holes for spot welds. 
For the money, good to have. Lap joints are good in some situations but butt welds are still needed when letting in small pieces of metal. 
I also prefer butt welds if the metal is good and access is OK. More difficult to do but penetration is better and you don’t have a moisture trap on the rear with the overlap. Lap weld are easier to do and you can be approximate with fit. I don’t like them if I can’t get behind to sort the overlap out. 

Daxid 

Wot 'e said

I've got a Clarke one as well.  Works well and really useful for prep work when attaching new panels.  I also only use butt joints when letting new metal into existing panels.

Thanks both, exactly my thought process as well. I have some hidden work to be done on the Golf so I think it will be helpful to have. I agree, butt welding for letting in small pieces, can't see how else you'd do it without rear access. I shall order one up.