Red!

Siy

So I took the plunge. Here is my new 911 SC 3.0 Sport Targa. It's 1982, and needs a little TLC !

Doesn't need anything too major, structurally all in great shape. She is already in having some works done.

Need to get the Targa re-trimmed. Really looking forward to this ownership experience.
Will be asking lots of you knowledgeable folks over the coming months no doubt!

front corner.jpg

Left Side.jpg

Edited by Siy
  • Like 2

Thanks Bugs... well other than a whole load of useful info from IB, I did have a PPI inspection done... it has found about 15/20 things (mainly minor) which we are sorting now. 

Have ordered an Achtung Kraft airbox, and some coco mats to start my fettling with..... I will let the experts do the oily bits!

That's a great choice you are going to love it.

You can't really beat a Targa on a sunny day with the roof off its fabulous.

All the best

Fin

Thanks guys... Am not going to rush things... booked in at Southbound for some trim/targa rebuild but that is not until Jan/Feb 22... just have to be patient.
In the meantime, will get everything else sorted. 

Hope to get it delivered next weekend - guarantee the sun will  go into hiding then!!!

10 hours ago, Richot1989 said:

I purchased Cocomats for my Cab (3.2) and they are excellent. —such that my friend purchased some for his early 356”👍

That's good to hear.... I am waiting for coco mats to send a template to ensure they fit correctly...

Achtung airbox and fan bracket arrived yesterday... look great. Cant wait to actually get the car and make a start!!!!

Have decided it will become a mix of classic with some modern touches (hence the cf airbox).... few other tweaks to come as soon as I can.

Hi Siy,

I had to modify the template they sent to make sure the matts would fit correctly (which they do👍).  Check and check again that you have got your template absolutely right before sending them back to them.  I also invested in them making the two small matts which go behind the seats.

The matts are very heavy (if overall car weight is an issue for you).

I just laid them over my original carpets

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks Richard - good to hear that a i probably would not have paid too much attention to the templates, but I will now. Weight doesnt really bother me too much (within reason). yes I too ordered the rears, just to finish it off nicely.

Thanks for the advice!

Nice looking car, well done!

I, too, have cocomats and did the full template thing, which worked well.

Another suggestion I'd make is to fit a Classic Retrofit fuseboard - eliminates those dodgy old fuses and gives a much better connection for your headlights, via in-built relays, hence brighter light.  After quality tyres, I'd venture to suggest this is the best mod you can make.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 09:21, GimmeShelter said:

Nice looking car, well done!

I, too, have cocomats and did the full template thing, which worked well.

Another suggestion I'd make is to fit a Classic Retrofit fuseboard - eliminates those dodgy old fuses and gives a much better connection for your headlights, via in-built relays, hence brighter light.  After quality tyres, I'd venture to suggest this is the best mod you can make.

Thats great to hear... will def look into doing this....

• 2 months later...

So after 6 weeks I got my new toy back... had quite a bit of work done. sounds like it was a little unloved in it's previous life, and just need some tlc... which it has received. Next will be some trim work, at Southbound in January.... get those seats looking right and targa top rebuild. new door cards. Hopefully new stereo and speakers sometime soon as well.

A few pics now...

4d8ecc81-b205-4734-b878-a798961a4289.jpg

9a86e885-eea1-458c-95d4-1eea068870ae.jpg

1f89920e-4e28-42e4-b8b4-d86e23661c79.jpg

1d39e464-3b9b-46a1-9daa-918b1ab2f88d.jpg

62959f08-df30-47d9-9b60-4d950aa8c7b3.jpg

88870e7e-55fd-4ea1-abae-41511a708bdd.jpg

929a1ff0-5bfd-490d-b85f-bfc1f161654a.jpg

de4536b7-36f9-4b5d-8c46-97935038c229.jpg

Edited by Siy

2 minutes ago, Rustybum said:

Car looks fab!

Engine bay looks great!! 
Who did the fan and housing refurb?

regards

Russ

Thanks Russ... still plenty to do, but good to have made a start.
I bought the airbox and fan strap from the States and had them sent over here. 
Carrera Classic Cars in Ottershaw Surrey did the work, including the refurb etc...

2 minutes ago, Siy said:

Thanks Russ... still plenty to do, but good to have made a start.
I bought the airbox and fan strap from the States and had them sent over here. 
Carrera Classic Cars in Ottershaw Surrey did the work, including the refurb etc...

I have ordered fan strap from the states too😊

I’ve been trying to get quotes for the fan and back housing to be re-chromated and it’s very expensive.

So I was looking for alternatives. I was wondering what coating process you’d had done.

Regards

Russ

29 minutes ago, Rustybum said:

I have ordered fan strap from the states too😊

I’ve been trying to get quotes for the fan and back housing to be re-chromated and it’s very expensive.

So I was looking for alternatives. I was wondering what coating process you’d had done.

Regards

Russ

Not entirely sure what the process was... I know that it was blasted initially to clean everything up, and then he was using a new process on it... 
Am going back for a small gearbox adjustment having had the short shift kit fitted.. I will check.

3 minutes ago, Siy said:

Not entirely sure what the process was... I know that it was blasted initially to clean everything up, and then he was using a new process on it... 
Am going back for a small gearbox adjustment having had the short shift kit fitted.. I will check.

Okey dokey, that’d be great.

Thank you😁👍