Things are slow in the IB world.....................

Beaky

• Beaky changed the title to Things are slow in the IB world.....................

It gets like that sometimes, it's strange, I'm sure there is a lot of stuff going on but I suppose it's summer and people are too busy to post. Mine is still away having the gearbox remedied, hence lots of Golf work going on. Hopefully have the SC back next week.

was thinking the same yesterday when I popped on here. This site used to be buzzing with IB chat and what people were doing with their cars, now I only read about what other car they admire or non-IB stuff. Guess none of us are doing much with our cars. Still using mine weekly but nothing worth writing up about.

I was thinking the same too.....

Was even fondly reminiscing back to when people used to start threads about open invitation driving tours instead of the invite only driving tour threads that occasionally pop up now and as far back as before COVID

Those were fun days 😎 was a much more welcoming place for newer members, without involving newer  members in 'events' this place will become more and more tumble weed city as time goes on 

Would be a shame to let this place be over run with tumble weeds as I've met a lot of great people through this forum

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Was even fondly reminiscing back to when people used to start threads about open invitation driving tours instead of the invite only driving tour threads that occasionally pop up now and as far back as before COVID

Those were fun days 😎 was a much more welcoming place for newer members, without involving newer  members in 'events' this place will become more and more tumble weed city as time goes on 

Would be a shame to let this place be over run with tumble weeds as I've met a lot of great people through this forum

So about that road trip to Italy next year for a round of the Italian hillclimb champs……..

5 hours ago, World Citizen said:

+1 for this - let’s get out and drive!

46 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

Who Him?

But we don't mention HIM...............................................................!

interesting, maybe people are just getting on with it and enjoying being out and about again. Personally this year I have backdated my 912E, and swapped the 1 year only unobtanium FI system for carbs. Right now I am just enjoying being out and about. Have an annoying issue with the stereo which has decided to stop audio so need to check that. Also if I rush 1st to 2nd gear change its difficult to get in (like accelarating uphill). Anyway always something to be looking at.

I am getting more active in my local TIPEC club so doing drives with them. Maybe others are doing the same?

I've been out of touch with my IB ever since COVID started.  Car is at the other side of country with no plan to retrieve for at least another 12 months 🤐

Until I retrieve, I can't really warrant buying parts for it. 

Wonder if there are others in my situation, where COVID has put a stop to fun in our cars?

15 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Think people are cautious to publish open invitation drives at the moment (Covid). Hope my recent Wales trip post didn't irk. Wasn't the intention. Something I've done for 4 years now. 

6 minutes ago, Roy M said:

My wife would kill me if I stuck Porsche related bits on her kitchen cupboards!!

Old kitchen units repurposed in the garage...

(But I suspect you knew that!)

• Like 1

On 15/07/2021 at 18:05, World Citizen said:

We're all out in IB convoys, dogging spots, pub car parks, road trippin, etc.  We're just not inviting you, coz you smell 😉

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, proporsche said:

for me ,i`m buzzy..doing 3 engine 1970 911S..1972 911E and 1979 911Sc in the same time;-)

5jd0.jpg

9rx1.jpg

3dzf.jpg

They look great Ivan 👍

25 minutes ago, proporsche said:

for me ,i`m buzzy..doing 3 engine 1970 911S..1972 911E and 1979 911Sc in the same time;-)

5jd0.jpg

9rx1.jpg

3dzf.jpg

Those look good Ivan, nice work!

3 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

In my opinion Haith, not at all. Great to hear about IB trips.

I'm just going to leave this here though....

Mille-1.thumb.jpg.8f526d346cfed8d6f1c2012b6b2b2f5d.jpg

I’ve got one of those…best road trip ever

5 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

In my opinion Haith, not at all. Great to hear about IB trips.

I'm just going to leave this here though....

Mille-1.thumb.jpg.8f526d346cfed8d6f1c2012b6b2b2f5d.jpg

That was a decade ago 😲, another life, was great fun too! 

My comment wasn't aimed at anyone just an observation after reading through past threads on the Euro Road Trips and Tours section

Noticed how few trips have been done over the last few years and I wasn't including the COVID thing putting a dampener on things

Well I don't think I have met anyone on here except Clive and Jon via Porsche Club Ireland.  So I'd love to join something. Scotland would be the most accessible for me. 

Alternatively, I will be driving from Liverpool docks to Silverstone on Friday 30th for the Classic. Overnight ferry docks at 06:30 I think so it would be an early run to get us to Silverstone by mid-late morning, depending on breakfast and coffee stops. I'll be in a huge convoy of two with an 8:32 Thema.

Anyone going to the Classic? I used to take the PCGB package and park infield but just going to leave the 911 in Woodlands this year and enjoy a beer or three. 

Anyone who wants to hook up for a beer just say the word!

Al.

Works is a bit like this over the summer for me, it gets a bit quieter. That said for the car, I have a dodgy fuel sender/gauge to sort out, leaky return tubes to replace, wheel refurb underway, seats being sewn back together and a front end repanel project to mull over. Will be posting as things get started and progress.

Stay tuned 😉

🙋‍♂️Guilty..! I'm in here all the time looking stuff up. I just struggle to find the time to do the work, let alone post about it. 

I also feel sheepish posting about what have to date been pretty menial jobs when there is such a wealth of knowledge both in the forum archives and in its current users.

Must just get over myself and try harder.