While you are at it, heat exchangers and exhaust upgrade

Hi All,

I am in the process of get my old rusty heat exchangers and muffler out, replacing them with a set of SSI heat exchangers and a 997 GT3 muffler.
Similar to the Bursch exhaust new system, but with the some cutting and jointing of the SSI and GT3 muffler.

09E667A5-6830-49B7-BC28-8858A4587138.thumb.jpeg.5c1ea23b89e6f4ab77052175e3dd5a87.jpeg

Obviously the oil pipes will be backdated, plus some odd broken exhaust studs, gaskets and the S shape rubber hose for oil. 
While we are at these, anything/any parts do you guys recommend to renew or upgrade around the area?

many thanks,

Justin

GT3 + aircooled sounds

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRSPSYLlpcH/?utm_medium=copy_link

They look nice. Not SSI heat exchangers in the picture? Assuming you are doing away with all heating?

I'm assuming there is no air injection pipe on yours? Worth looking at the oil return pipes as the access will be easy to change of leaking.

Edited by Phill

32 minutes ago, Phill said:

They look nice. Not SSI heat exchangers in the picture? Assuming you are doing away with all heating?

I'm assuming there is no air injection pipe on yours? Worth looking at the oil return pipes as the access will be easy to change of leaking.

Thanks, the SSI will be cut at the collectors then joined with the side of GT3 muffler. 

Thanks for mentioning the oil return pipes, these are still one piece on my engine. No visible leaking at the moment. Do you reckon I switch them to those telescope ones?

I am thinking about the thermostat while the pipes are off.

22 minutes ago, Justin689 said:

Thanks, the SSI will be cut at the collectors then joined with the side of GT3 muffler. 

Thanks for mentioning the oil return pipes, these are still one piece on my engine. No visible leaking at the moment. Do you reckon I switch them to those telescope ones?

I am thinking about the thermostat while the pipes are off.

If the oil return pipes are not leaking then leave them alone.

If the thermostat is working then definitely leave that well alone!

Just to be clear this is an SSI heat exchanger exhaust, not what is in your picture.

image.jpeg.d9aae7e367da29c9a586745fbbbd61f6.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phill said:

If the oil return pipes are not leaking then leave them alone.

If the thermostat is working then definitely leave that well alone!

Just to be clear this is an SSI heat exchanger exhaust, not what is in your picture.

image.jpeg.d9aae7e367da29c9a586745fbbbd61f6.jpeg

Yes, I’ll use this instead. Cut the collectors and connect with the side of GT3 muffler with custom pipes