No Longer a Porsche Owner......

Phill

Well it finally happened :cry:

I have sold my SC of 15 years. It had been on and off the cards for some time but the, nearly, 12k I have spent on it in the past 2 years or so took the final shine off owning the car. The right offer from the right person helped ease the pain and they will progress and improve the car further. I won't divulge who has the pleasure now, they will put their hand up if they want to.

There is no doubt I will still be loitering around these parts due to the great people on here and, of course, to impart my dubious knowledge. Don't expect me to be the easy going, happy go lucky kind of guy I have been so far though :lol:

2 hours ago, Lesworth said:

What, it has mirrors on the ceiling?

You didn't notice!,....we have the photos!

Phil, shame you decided to let here go, but life is too short to on ponder on such things and there is plenty of other rides to experience, and you can also come back to an IB 🙂

Edited by Beaky

22 minutes ago, johndglynn said:

Wow, amazing. That is one car I thought would be a final resting place. What's coming next?

I really don't know but things I keep coming back to are Toyota FJ Cruiser to replace our family hauler or an old BJ (non pick up) or a Datsun 120Y sleeper.

• Like 1

Just now, Phill said:

I really don't know but things I keep coming back to are Toyota FJ Cruiser to replace our family hauler or an old BJ (non pick up) or a Datsun 120Y sleeper.

I have had the 120Y and a couple of LJ70s. Either would be ace.

15 minutes ago, Phill said:

Sorry to read you've sold up Phil

FJ Cruiser looks fun but nowhere near as cool as BJ which IMHO is more of a weekend toy than family hauler 

120Y sleeper sounds fun, what engine would you use?

23 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Sorry to read you've sold up Phil

FJ Cruiser looks fun but nowhere near as cool as BJ which IMHO is more of a weekend toy than family hauler 

120Y sleeper sounds fun, what engine would you use?

Agree BJ would be a "fun" car.

Engine? Who knows, Honda VTEC?

16 hours ago, Nige said:

I saw that. Tempting but I need to slow my roll and get the Golf sorted. Currently we have a Mk3 Golf in many bits ready transplant the engine :rolleyes: I'm such a glutton for punishment.

On 01/09/2021 at 19:38, Phill said:

Been lusting after one for years and finally pulled the trigger when a friend decided to sell his mint condition FJ a couple of months ago. It's great for my mountain and desert camping adventures in ME. Compared to Toyota's other proper offroaders it has better power to weight ratio & simpler electromechanicals, disadvantages are limited boot space for 4 people, fixed rear windows and driving vision could be better.

2 hours ago, Mondrian said:

Been lusting after one for years and finally pulled the trigger when a friend decided to sell his mint condition FJ a couple of months ago. It's great for my mountain and desert camping adventures in ME. Compared to Toyota's other proper offroaders it has better power to weight ratio & simpler electromechanicals, disadvantages are limited boot space for 4 people, fixed rear windows and driving vision could be better.

You are talking and early 80s FJ? A 40 or 60? Let's have a pic.

Edited by Phill