Jump to content

OEM style car mats for 3.2


Silver911SC

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone.

So after my instant regret of selling my SC, I have finally got another IB, an ‘88 coupe. I’ll be posting videos and photos of the work I’ll be doing.

One very minor question but you’ll see why when I post photos in the next week; I am after a set of OEM look black mats for it. I’m not sure there was such a thing as I can’t find any, but wondered what the best quality OEM style mats are you can get for a 3.2, and for where? I really appreciate any help :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks both.

 

I will call the southbound guys as I might also get a new carpet set, but keen to know if there are any others; I like my old 996 style mats with Porsche embossed - so hoping someone does something like that off the shelf, for a 3.2. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

The new car is black but might leave my username as it’s he same on ddk :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just bought a set from a German supplier which I haven't received yet. Will report back when I get them.

They are on ebay as carpets4you2010 so not exactly branding experts but that's no what we're paying for! 

Al

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Flat 6 said:

I've just bought a set from a German supplier which I haven't received yet. Will report back when I get them.

They are on ebay as carpets4you2010 so not exactly branding experts but that's no what we're paying for! 

Al

Haha, thanks Al. Looking forward to hearing back. Also whether you get stung on duties; I bought some RS ducts for a 964; paid £200 for then and got stung £60 on brexit tax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have set from I think the same German seller bought a couple of years ago but never used as the passenger side which is what I really needed doesn’t fit my 85 Targa although the mat quality is great.  My passenger side carpet was missing when I got the car so think that I need to try Southbound for that.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-carpet-set-for-Porsche-911-3-2-Coupe-RHD-Silverknit-Velours-/224524144476?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, limalbeps said:

I had the same dilemma and finally decided on getting 964 mats from Porsche

59A109A9-FCE8-4087-91EF-B810A3195A5F.jpeg

Do 964 mats actually fit? I thought the tunnel construction might make them a different fit slightly?

3 minutes ago, double0 said:

I have set from I think the same German seller bought a couple of years ago but never used as the passenger side which is what I really needed doesn’t fit my 85 Targa although the mat quality is great.  My passenger side carpet was missing when I got the car so think that I need to try Southbound for that.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-carpet-set-for-Porsche-911-3-2-Coupe-RHD-Silverknit-Velours-/224524144476?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Will PM you

Edited by Silver911SC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coupe are different than targas & cabs

964 completely different

We do them with "911" embriodered onto them

Dont think you will get PORSCHE or the Crest from anyone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Type911 said:

Coupe are different than targas & cabs

964 completely different

We do them with "911" embriodered onto them

Dont think you will get PORSCHE or the Crest from anyone

Thanks. I don’t think the italic 911 logo seems right for a 3.2 as it didn’t come in to use until the 964 anniversary!? But plain mats might work. Is there any where to see the shape of the actual mats and how shaped they are around the pedals?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the heel pad on my driver's side carpet wore out in typical fashion I was faced with a similar problem.  I was going to buy a new set of mats but couldn’t see anything I really liked.  In the end I bought a single rubber mat from Halfords, cut a pice out to fit the heel pad area of the carpet (the only bit that had worn out) and then used Evostick to glue it on.  It looks ‘factory’ and is a very cheap option, especially when the rest of the carpet set was unworn.

I've since done a similar repair on my M3 daily driver's carpet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, double0 said:

I have set from I think the same German seller bought a couple of years ago but never used as the passenger side which is what I really needed doesn’t fit my 85 Targa although the mat quality is great.  My passenger side carpet was missing when I got the car so think that I need to try Southbound for that.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-carpet-set-for-Porsche-911-3-2-Coupe-RHD-Silverknit-Velours-/224524144476?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Bizarrely,  I have a nearly new looking passenger side targa carpet which came with a full carpet set I bought second hand a while ago. It's not much use to me so maybe we can do a deal. If Silver911SC passes on your fronts and they are identical then I'd have them now and sell my new ones when they arrive. Not due until mid- October! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Silver911SC said:

Found these which look perfect and they even come with the metal brackets to hold them in place. But they only seem to sell lhd and not rhd

16E7DC7B-41CA-4688-956F-4FCEF2D03015.jpeg

+VAT is about £216. Which is more than Offical porsche classic, which is also out of stock. You could call up out one of the Porsche classic centers (OPC Swindon, Leeds or Glasgow) and see if they have more coming in stock.

   https://www.classicshop.porsche.com/pcos-uk/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So it looks like OPC only do lhd OEM mats. I guess there is enough demand across the globe for lhd, but not rhd.

I spoke to Southbound and they could either do a perfect rhd rep of a 964 style mat with the Porsche text and the metal retaining brackets, but that would be c.£250

 

or, they could do a custom mat with the 4 OEM retaining brackets, but no Porsche text, for £144. So I’ve gone with this option. I really wanted the retainers as I hate nice mats sliding about and going out of shape. Will take up to 10 days and I’ll post photos on here for you to see.

 

thanks for the help :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the Southbound mats (plain black Sliverknit) fitted to my 3.2.

They really are excellent quality and fit perfectly along with the OE brackets that slide under the front seat mounts.

I think you'll be pleased with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Anil said:

I have the Southbound mats (plain black Sliverknit) fitted to my 3.2.

They really are excellent quality and fit perfectly along with the OE brackets that slide under the front seat mounts.

I think you'll be pleased with them.

The ‘Black Silverknit’ aren’t really a mat though are they, but in fact part of the carpet set. I probably should have used the words ‘over mats’ which go over a carpet set.

are you saying your carpet set has the OE brackets; would you be able to add a photo? I think I’ve ordered something different to you but be great to share both on here.

Edited by Silver911SC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm referring to the overmats. They match perfectly to the black RS Sliverknit carpet set that I ordered from Southbound at the same time, so just assumed they were the same carpet type but with a different backing. All 4 mats fit over the carpet set and the fronts are secured via the OE brackets.

Unfortunately, my car is having some work done at a specialist at the moment so can't snap any pics just yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anil said:

I'm referring to the overmats. They match perfectly to the black RS Sliverknit carpet set that I ordered from Southbound at the same time, so just assumed they were the same carpet type but with a different backing. All 4 mats fit over the carpet set and the fronts are secured via the OE brackets.

Unfortunately, my car is having some work done at a specialist at the moment so can't snap any pics just yet.

Thanks Anil

 

sounds great. Would love to see a photo when you get it back. I’ll post a photo of the solid black when they arrive next week :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/09/2021 at 00:00, Flat 6 said:

Bizarrely,  I have a nearly new looking passenger side targa carpet which came with a full carpet set I bought second hand a while ago. It's not much use to me so maybe we can do a deal. If Silver911SC passes on your fronts and they are identical then I'd have them now and sell my new ones when they arrive. Not due until mid- October! 

Hi - sorry it's taken a while to come back to you.  I'll try and post a pic of what I have and having checked it was the same seller.  Ordered and delivered Oct 19 and they were £155 + £10 delivery at the time.  Marked on the bag as Targa / Cabrio RHD 84-89 but the passenger side doesn't fit at all and the rears are not identical to my originals so it could be that I have the Coupe version instead.  If you could post a pic of the second hand Targa passenger side that would be great - I really struggled to find any pictures of that piece online.  Ideally I need a light coloured version to match my other originals but I went for black from the German store as all they had available and thought that I'd replace both sides front and back and would look ok and be more hard wearing.

Silver911SC - glad you got sorted with Southbound and that's where I'll probably end up too for overmats - like you say what I ordered is more the carpet set front and rear so not really what you were looking for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...