Sports seats conversion

gt two

My seats are being re trimmed using some Porsche tartan cloth for the centres. On researching different colours I found a thread on Pelican about converting normal seats to sports seats, which I imagine means using thicker/firmer bolsters.

Has anyone had this done?

I am pretty sure that mine are not sports seats?

Thanks

image_50422273.JPG

I could be wrong but this doesn’t sound as simple as presented.  I understand that the foam bolsters are supported by a piece of shaped steel tube welded to the seat base, the foam slots over the frame, and think the sport seat one is bigger than the normal one.

30 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

I could be wrong but this doesn’t sound as simple as presented.  I understand that the foam bolsters are supported by a piece of shaped steel tube welded to the seat base,

You are not wrong Ian.

Pic amalgamated from 83 PET indicating seat back structural differences.

318369725_seatbacks.thumb.jpg.f4fa6bab9593a8242cd6282dacb3aed4.jpg

Mark

Thanks Ian, I had budgeted around £700 per seat for the re trim from a guy I have used before. As you say would make it expensive. With a tan interior I think finding a set of SC sports seats may be hard....

Im trying to keep the car as OEM as possible. I had some cool BF Torino rally seats in a 71 car previously, this may be an option.