Oulton RS day 4th March 2022

Northy

14 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

am always quite tempted, its just such a chuffing long way from me, it always turns into a 5-6hour slog in cold weather. I can be at Spa Francochamps in same time :wacko:

Come to wales the day before and we can drive up together Mark. Quite a few of us are staying in a hotel near Oulton for a few beers and a meal 

yeah thats what we have always done before. This would be about my 6th RS day at Oulton!  Its not as fun as it used to be as one you dont see any RS's on it anymore! and two its become more and more modern pork year on year with none of the old timers out on track. (like most trackdays now sadly).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/01/2022 at 10:46, Boydyrs said:

Long shot but does anyone have a track ticket/space for this years RS Day at Oulten in March for sale?
Boydyrs 

A space has popped up on 911UK. 

• 10 months later...
On 10/11/2021 at 16:21, MarkJ said:

yeah thats what we have always done before. This would be about my 6th RS day at Oulton!  Its not as fun as it used to be as one you dont see any RS's on it anymore! and two its become more and more modern pork year on year with none of the old timers out on track. (like most trackdays now sadly).

Very good point Mark. On the flip side, with more track days being dominated by modern machinery I find I get a lot of interest in my classic. I've seen it at Brands, people walking past new/newish cars with barely a glance but coming over to have a good chinwag about mine.

yes is that to it for sure. I'm always surprised when young lads or mechanics come over to chat about the car or want a pax ride, especially when usually a lot faster exotic stuff about. Good to see these cars still inspire all ages :)

• Like 1