Long-term Storage Recommendations

There's a decent possibility that I'm going to be working out of the country for the next 3 to 4 years and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for somewhere to store the car long-term?  The car is NW-based, so it would probably make sense to keep it local or no further away than the midlands. Any practical thoughts/experience on long-term prep also appreciated.

There are plenty of places to choose from - I am storage units several days a week looking at cars & bikes. I think storage is fine if they are running the car every so often. It makes a lot more sense than selling a car you know to be a good one and trying to replace it later.

One of our members has a hand in Majestic Car Storage near Kenilworth. You will find quite a few places near wherever you are - most motorsport places will either offer it or be using a place.

Thanks, I've obviously done the Google search and found quite a few including some nearby.  Would be great if anyone has some personal experience/recommendation. (Selling isn't on the cards for either the car or the bike!)  

On 08/11/2021 at 15:55, johndglynn said:

There are plenty of places to choose from - I am storage units several days a week looking at cars & bikes. I think storage is fine if they are running the car every so often. It makes a lot more sense than selling a car you know to be a good one and trying to replace it later.

One of our members has a hand in Majestic Car Storage near Kenilworth. You will find quite a few places near wherever you are - most motorsport places will either offer it or be using a place.

Thanks for the mention John. @jehatwhitland wherever you store it I think it's good advice that they run up the car every month (even better if they offer a 5 mile test route) and send you a report of anything untoward. Also be sure to check the insurance situation, there are a lot of cowboy places offering barn space without their own liability cover.