We all love a FAN refresh.....share yours?

Ruskiedog

Had a tired looking fan so out she came and seeing as I wasn't too sure on colour long term I simply went for using some VHT Silver Metallic Blue, also did the surround in gloss black and the air cover over the alternator.  Checked bearing and little clean of contacts and new wiring behind.  She looks good spinning!  Think I'll do my upper covers in that as well, lower ones going to refresh with  VHT wrinkle black.

If anyone has a bronze/gold painted fan, can they put up a pic?

Video:  

IMG_9311.jpg

IMG_9317.jpg

IMG_9313.jpg

IMG_9324.jpg

IMG_9325.jpg

Edited by Ruskiedog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Siy said:

a7bdc1cf-b88d-4ff8-ae89-7a6401037c42.jpg

New engine bay 2.JPG

new engine bay 1.JPG

WOW, looks great, nice one and the carbon air lid with the gold writing, class 👍

1 hour ago, lindsayhbrown said:

Did mine during the first lockdown, light sand and very fine coat of VHT and a bit of polish and wax

85C92E3E-D783-496A-AF94-AE56CADECE74.jpeg

Nice work, pops out that red.  Must say I did quite a few coats of VHT on the fan and used a heat gun in-between them.

2 hours ago, gt two said:

I really want to get this done.

Anywhere in the South that has a decent turnaround time on this?

Me?  ha ha ha ha

Would be a quick turnaround for most blasters if you get everything out and just supply the fan and casing.  I wasn't sure on colour and likely change mind every now and then so just painting with several coats of VHT is good enough.

1 hour ago, petesc30 said:

electro plated as standard,was done by greatworth i think  

E044C298-39E5-4CD5-BD13-F70632160BE0.jpeg

VERY nice!  Love to hear that!  Sound clip? 👍

10 hours ago, SurlySurdi said:

Whelp! Here's mine running

20180808_092121_IMG_2584.thumb.JPG.56ecf260b613f000206fc4f54c62311e.jpg.21885bfca9f3fd1644be75ba95ab4544.jpg

Tied in all nicely with everything else.  That meant to be a video though fella?  

15 hours ago, Ruskiedog said:

Siy, out of interest, what colour is that? it's not so loud, nice subtle bronze/gold. is there a RAL?

Hi - afraid am not sure.. I did spend quite a bit of time trying to sort the colour for both the fan and the shroud... but didnt note the colours. it was a mat colour rather than gloss, and yes I wanted a  subtle shade. 
This process was called Ceracote (apparently its very thin, but very hard), done by the guys that do everything for me in Surrey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruskiedog said:

VERY nice!  Love to hear that!  Sound clip? 👍

Tied in all nicely with everything else.  That meant to be a video though fella?  

Nope I just took a pic with the car running, bit of a David Bailey moment!

• Like 1

On 23/12/2021 at 10:06, Siy said:

Hi - afraid am not sure.. I did spend quite a bit of time trying to sort the colour for both the fan and the shroud... but didnt note the colours. it was a mat colour rather than gloss, and yes I wanted a  subtle shade. 
This process was called Ceracote (apparently its very thin, but very hard), done by the guys that do everything for me in Surrey.

Any chance you can name who you use as I'm in Surrey too?

14 hours ago, Nige said:

Nowt fancy here, just grey etch primer and 2k lacquer.

Never mind the fan, that exhaust!! 👍

17 hours ago, gt two said:

Just noticed that you can buy a new fan at Rennline. I was thinking about ordering an RSR engine carrier anyway.

https://www.rennline.com/EPS-Alternator-Fan/productinfo/EPS93010601200/

yes I say that, I thought worst case if I mess it up I'd get that! 😂

Hi - re the airbox, yes I think there is a little more noise with it - but wouldnt say a huge amount - and i cant really comment if it made a difference to the power, as I fitted it as soon as I got the car in August. But it does look pretty good - if you like this sort of thing!!

The guy that did my fan was Matt at Carrera Classic Cars in Ottershaw... he has great attention to detail, and would highly recommend him....pm me if you want his number

• 8 months later...

No ?

Not quite up to the required standard ?  🤔

🤷‍♂️1663704136877.jpg

To be fair this picture is from about five years ago..

...it's much worse now 

DSC_1028.JPG

Edited by GaryH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2