Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not really a classic but something a bit different for me. Bought as a winter and daily run around for me as I was hogging the wife's Tiguan and it had been mentioned a few times. 

GR Yaris in pure white with the Circuit Pack. What a bit of kit! When the turbo spools up, it really pushes you along. And the trick suspension/diff thingy, which I don't really understand, does a fabulous job of keeping you on the black stuff even when it's wet! 550 miles in a week with it. These things appear to be highly tunable with a huge offering of intakes, exhausts, brakes.... everything you can imagine, being offered already. I picked up a shouty exhaust used from a chap on a Facebook page that I'm hoping to fit soon. Milltek non resonated. 

In essence, the perfect all weather car for my roads here in Wales. I feel like Colin Mcrae but older and much less talented! 

Any other GR owners on here? I'm sure there must be a few. 

272255993_10227309380668058_1998378291490521961_n.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No owner, but a friend and fellow Porsche owner got one late last year. Brought it with him when we stayed and Scotland and has done a weekend in Wales with it.

Says its just an awesome piece of kit, very useable all year round and great fun to drive on the twisties!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

they do look fun. Future classic! if they dont get outlawed like all ICE :cry:

You should get it wrapped in Toyota Gazoo Racing/rallying colours :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

they do look fun. Future classic! if they dont get outlawed like all ICE :cry:

You should get it wrapped in Toyota Gazoo Racing/rallying colours :D

👍 I have a decal plan....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I am not an owner, but the moment I change jobs so that I don't have to do a 130 mile a day commute, I hope to get one!   Enjoy it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dick said:

Unfortunately I am not an owner, but the moment I change jobs so that I don't have to do a 130 mile a day commute, I hope to get one!   Enjoy it.

I'd recommend them as a fun, do it all car. Ideal for the winter. I keep thinking winter tyres on cheaper rims (the toyota forged alloys are £1600 a piece!), air intake and exhaust with a tune box that puts these up to 320hp and it'd be a right hooligan of a car. Exhaust in hand so just the other bits over time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love this Haith!  I know a couple of people who have taken these for test drives and they all say the same thing...  these really are a drivers car.

I always had a hankering for a 500 abarth as a little run around/shopping car but this has totally taken the spot.  Reminds me somewhat of my old Starlet gt turbo.  Turbo pocket rocket! 🚀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sidewaysfun said:

Love this Haith!  I know a couple of people who have taken these for test drives and they all say the same thing...  these really are a drivers car.

I always had a hankering for a 500 abarth as a little run around/shopping car but this has totally taken the spot.  Reminds me somewhat of my old Starlet gt turbo.  Turbo pocket rocket! 🚀

Thanks. Really is a great bit of kit. Was a bit meh about all the hype but they really are that good. Few relatively cheap upgrades and you have a 4wd, trick transmission 320hp monster. I'm slowly working my way towards that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haith, you've made me very jealous, you lucky man, enjoy every mile in it!

Test drove one and think Toyota have smashed it out of the park, loved it and agree, it is really that good! 😎 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Haith, you've made me very jealous, you lucky man, enjoy every mile in it!

Test drove one and think Toyota have smashed it out of the park, loved it and agree, it is really that good! 😎 

 

 

Thanks bud. Loving it. What a fab bit of kit. And very well suited to my favourite roads. Few pics from yesterdays run for fish and chips by the sea 

EC3FCED2-D3EB-4908-B035-E6840A95860F.jpeg

53CAE535-FE71-4772-AB7F-0942AB141247.jpeg

D104B693-0789-4334-B0F4-261BFCB4AB44.jpeg

89FBE512-26A4-4A99-961B-EB17EEC1AA1D.jpeg

E08F0942-7DEE-499E-8328-6BA6DAFEA208.jpeg

3F1BCC3A-22BE-4CC7-9975-C23023A9FE20.jpeg

836B4C2B-AE4C-42CF-9702-6464BAA7F231.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stunning piece of kit, perfect roads for it too

I'm regretting not buying one ☹️

I thought it felt a little bit IB like but in much more sure footed 4WD type of way 🤨

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haiths the second porsche owner i know in a week to buy a Yaris GR, must be something in it. I see it as a modern Intergrale 🤜

Great pics, using it as nature intended by the looks of it :) 

Just needs something to break up the white amorphous body to my eyes, some kind of subtle strippage or colour wrapping.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MarkJ said:

Haiths the second porsche owner i know in a week to buy a Yaris GR, must be something in it. I see it as a modern Intergrale 🤜

Great pics, using it as nature intended by the looks of it :) 

Just needs something to break up the white amorphous body to my eyes, some kind of subtle strippage or colour wrapping.

 

9 of us with Spyders have bought a GR. Think you're right. As close to an Integrale as you can get these days. And with a 10 year warranty if you keep servicing with Toyota (which is so cheap compared to Porsche Tax), it's a great deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds great Haith, but is there room for two Llasa Apso dogs? Wife has her own bolide so it’s just me and the hounds (she often refuses to get in the dog-mobile because it smells of dog………or maybe she is being polite and she really means me!)
Regards,

David

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, David Gander said:

Sounds great Haith, but is there room for two Llasa Apso dogs? Wife has her own bolide so it’s just me and the hounds (she often refuses to get in the dog-mobile because it smells of dog………or maybe she is being polite and she really means me!)
Regards,

David

Has two rear seats David. Or you can run it as a mini van with the rear seats folded totally flat. They even sell inexpensive full length boot carpets to fit them. Not sure the doggies would enjoy being pinned to the rear tailgate though 😂 When the boost kicks in, you really feel it pull. You’ll be used to that though 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Haith, my boy Harris was so used to the Turbo that he didn’t flinch when the boost kicked in! (Sort of looked at me as though saying “Is that it?”)……….did have his back against the seat though……..guess it knew the drill!
David.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bit of a wash n polish today. I do like a polish. Going to have my first go at applying ppf panels to the rear arches and the piano black surfaces later this week. That’ll be interesting 

A2E3FEDB-360F-48ED-902D-A4482EE6E97D.jpeg

5355232C-1C7C-4EAC-9EEC-A72B98724A95.jpeg

67549827-71C4-4FC1-9AAC-D5E6925AB642.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn’t realise the Milltek kit was on already Haith! How’s it sounding now? As the youngsters say nowadays….. “well jel” 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fleety said:

Didn’t realise the Milltek kit was on already Haith! How’s it sounding now? As the youngsters say nowadays….. “well jel” 🙄

Fitted Friday. Sounds like a tractor on startup but as soon as choke is off, calms down. I love it. This is the non resonated exhaust so it’s louder. You can deffo hear it now. No drone I’ve come across. Quite civilised at mid rpm. Screams at higher revs. Sounds very grunty 👍 Mrs H could hear it whilst on the phone to me 🤦

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has it got that distinctive rally car burble? always so different to a race car. (assume its cams that make the difference between the two normally?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Has it got that distinctive rally car burble? always so different to a race car. (assume its cams that make the difference between the two normally?)

Yes it does burble. No idea why to be honest. Sounds pretty agricultural on startup but that soon subsides. I’ll do a vid if I get a chance 👍

😱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fitted some mud flaps yesterday. Took the wheels off for the rear as they screw into the arch protector. The hardware under these things really does look motorsport. The brakes in particular really look like quality calipers, discs etc. 

CFF73FCF-A774-4381-9045-4658F1DF62E9.jpeg

3F26A7F6-63B8-4AEE-A128-1EA7B7EA8D99.jpeg

7F239257-A264-413C-B174-300DA173B2F9.jpeg

52163031-AC67-4D8A-A939-37314A23820A.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...