GR Yaris

36 minutes ago, Dick said:

The rallyflapz look great!  Really adds to the character of the car and should help protect it too.   Stop posting pics, it makes we want one even more!!!

Thanks. I like them. Look purposeful. Bit of a faff fitting the rear flaps as you screw them into the arch liner. But as you say, hopefully a bit of protection. 

They really are proper motorsport bits of kit. Whenever I look underneath or at the brakes etc I'm taken by the detail. Front brakes just look like expensive motorsport items. 

4 of us going for a blast round wales in GR's on Tuesday. That'll be fun. 

Just get one. They seem to be holding their price well. I may have a lead on a brand new one in Pearl White (circuit pack) for delivery September 2022. £38K 

4 hours ago, Busybee said:

Just get one. They seem to be holding their price well. I may have a lead on a brand new one in Pearl White (circuit pack) for delivery September 2022. £38K 

Really?!  I will try to do some man maths but I think I would struggle to make it work... I have to commute 130 miles a day for 3 days of the week, and I would have to do it in this car...  Not sure a GR would be great for that?  Currently I am doing it in a Tesla Model 3 so it costs peanuts, but that goes back to the lease company in March 2023 so I will need something else.

My neighbours already think I am crazy for having 5 cars (only the wife and I drive) so I don't think I could get a sixth 😄

17 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

I was just about to post the same.  600bhp from a 1.6 3 cylinder………

Bonkers power, interesting to read that all the emission design constraints mean a stronger package for tuning 

Great pics!  But you need to work on the uniformity of dirt, some cars look cleaner than others 🙂

Typical Welsh weather, but you were all in the right car for the job.   Any scary moments?

4 hours ago, Dick said:

Great pics!  But you need to work on the uniformity of dirt, some cars look cleaner than others 🙂

Typical Welsh weather, but you were all in the right car for the job.   Any scary moments?

Thanks. The cleanliness depends on the car. Mine is ceramic coated and had least distance to travel to get here. The really dirty one, he just loves it like that 😲

No scary moments. Was talking to Clarkey after and we both realised we forgot about the wet roads and cold. A first for porsche owners usually obsessed with their Cup 2's letting go! And we gave them a right spanking too so not just a procession. They really are amazing little cars 👌

Phenomenal little cars, one of the last great ICE vehicles for sure. Excellent purchase! Loads of expertise developing around making them stupid fast. It was a race between Ebrahim Kanoo and the guys from Motive to get one in to the tens first. As usual Australia is leading the charge, if you’re so inclined take a look at Goleby’s.

1 hour ago, runnersp said:

Phenomenal little cars, one of the last great ICE vehicles for sure. Excellent purchase! Loads of expertise developing around making them stupid fast. It was a race between Ebrahim Kanoo and the guys from Motive to get one in to the tens first. As usual Australia is leading the charge, if you’re so inclined take a look at Goleby’s.

Thanks. They really are good fun. Quite reminiscent of a fast IB. The traction is something else, even stock.

I’ll look that up. 

This sounds pretty good