Windscreen washer not washing

I guess this is an electrical fault that I will just have to trace and find myself, but I was hoping it might be a common fault.

When I pull the windscreen wiper lever to wash, the wipers work but not the washer jets.

The pump works when the + is connected directly to the battery.

In fact so do the wipers, which i didn't expect.  So I'm thinking that means there must be a continuation of the circuit to the wipers. Is that correct?

The fuses seem fine.

Is there a direct line that I can use temporarily directly from the fuse box so that it works for the MOT which is coming up soon?

This happened a few days ago. The headlamp washers also have stopped working, but I rarely used them so I don't know if it's associated, but they seem to be on separate circuits.

Are there any decent wiring diagrams to download?

1984 3.2

Thanks.

When I pulled the lever the pump was not working.

However, after taking it off and putting it back on again, it has now started working again. I didn't actually do anything to it so i don't know why!

17 hours ago, Scumfrog said:

I guess this is an electrical fault that I will just have to trace and find myself, but I was hoping it might be a common fault

Most likely the contacts in in the operating lever switch under the plastic shroud behind the steering wheel. Very common and covered in detain in a number of posts, have a search.

Mark

I thought I was having to pull the lever harder than normal. 

Is this repairable or do I have to fork out £270 on a complete stalk assembly?

At that price I guess it's a matter of waiting until it breaks down completely.

I tried to repair mine a few times having not worked for years. I just used the intensive wash system. I eventually bought a new stalk from OPC at £220 last year and all works. Also, the wipers now park in the right place