Fuel Additives

Chris_911

So, after getting some fuel this morning at my usual Esso station I need to find a cheaper solution to their E5 Supreme Unleaded.

It's a whopping 35p per litre more than their unleaded.

I remember when the difference for the 'super' rules was more like 7p per litre. 35p is mad!

So who is using fuel additives? I have a bottle of Millers EPS, but am also interested in whether anyone is using a detergent and/or and octane booster on a regular basis?

IMG_5050.thumb.jpg.6cf44c2d8b3de356d25453891e5c04ab.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

I’ve been using Millers VSPe for about two years now, assume it’s working……

Good shout now I've realised how many tanks a bottle will treat.

Edited by Chris_911

6 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

Was just looking at that, but unless my maths is off I believe it works out at 60p per litre of fuel treated.

Your maths is off. 6p a litre.

10 hours ago, Type911 said:

I thought Supreme was zero?

it is with the exception of a few places in the UK

Edited by Beaky

I understand the use of an octane booster, the main reason I have avoided 95 at all costs is the 10% ethanol content. Does the octane booster somehow negate the corrosive effects and rubber destroying effects of E10 too?

14 minutes ago, zerotosixty2 said:

I understand the use of an octane booster, the main reason I have avoided 95 at all costs is the 10% ethanol content. Does the octane booster somehow negate the corrosive effects and rubber destroying effects of E10 too?

I don't believe am octane booster on its own negates the effects of the ethanol. Ethanol itself is a higher octane 'fuel' than petrol so its inclusion in the mix actually boosts the octane rating. The issue is that it isn't as energy dense as petrol and also the corrosive effects.

Millers, for example, markets both an ethanol 'protection' product, which doesn't affect octane rating, and an all-in-one product that offers ethanol protection and an octane booster.

• Like 1