3.2 Rear Sway bar upgrade - Tarettt or Eibach?

Just looking for any advice experience anyone has had to upgrading my rear sway bar to either the Target adjustable one or the Eibach, which seems to be considerably thicker?

Just replaced my rear dampers as they were hardly returning at any rate! to Sports.  Front's are sports.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt385_1407_-cma81-cmo104-ct362/Porsche/911-1965-1989/911-1984-89/Anti-Roll-Bar/

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod137297/Anti-Roll-Kit--Rear-Porsche-911-G-78-89/?source=doofinder

Was planning on keeping my original front ARB
All bushes have been replaced with Superpro everywhere.

Torsion bars - I would like to keep current for the ride compliance on these Surrey B roads which are lumpy.  Just looking to reduce a little more lean in the corners when pushing through them.

No tracking, just VERY spirited street driving.

Any help appreciated.

If you hadn't considered it new roll bars are available from Porsche, a few options there.

See what the learned opinion is on good matched roll bar sizes, just going up to 930 sized ones front and rear felt noticeably stiffer to me.

42 minutes ago, mean in green said:

If you hadn't considered it new roll bars are available from Porsche, a few options there.

See what the learned opinion is on good matched roll bar sizes, just going up to 930 sized ones front and rear felt noticeably stiffer to me.

Thanks for the reply.  I have F22 R21 I believe.  Not sure how much different the turbo ones are?  The tarett ones are 22 hollow rear and adjustable, the Eibachs are hollow, 25mm and couple of adjustments.  My mounts have been reinforced already which is peace of mind.

Seems like most on here must be running just the standard?

I went down a route of stiffening things up and then stopped and now slowly reversing some of the changes as I found you get to a point where unless you're on super smooth track the whole experience gets too hard going for road driving particularly with the state of most of the UK roads at the moment.  Hitting some of bumps and dips around these Derbyshire roads can really throw the car about.

Are you on Boge or Bilstein dampers?

Though I have nothing too extreme here with Bilstein/Turbo struts and dampers, Superpro throughout with standard ARBs.  I think someone on here redrilled the mounting points for the rear ARB to help stiffen the back up a touch. 

1 hour ago, Nige said:

I went down a route of stiffening things up and then stopped and now slowly reversing some of the changes as I found you get to a point where unless you're on super smooth track the whole experience gets too hard going for road driving particularly with the state of most of the UK roads at the moment.  Hitting some of bumps and dips around these Derbyshire roads can really throw the car about.

Are you on Boge or Bilstein dampers?

Though I have nothing too extreme here with Bilstein/Turbo struts and dampers, Superpro throughout with standard ARBs.  I think someone on here redrilled the mounting points for the rear ARB to help stiffen the back up a touch. 

Thanks, know what you mean.  I have the Boge sports upfront, turbo tie rods, rears just put Bilstein Sports on as the Boge were not returning and had their day.  Superpro throughout, engine, trans, ARB's, trailing arms, A-Frame etc just want to tighten it up a little more without going to the TB 22/29 route

Don't quote me but from memory 22mm 930 front combined with 21mm late Carrera rear roll bars has been routinely reported to be a very good road car combination.  Again, from memory I think the 22mm 930 although only modestly thicker than the standard SC / 3.2 items is something like fifty or sixty percent stiffer, with the 21mm rear not quite as much.

If that helps with your comparisons on aftermarket options.

1 hour ago, mean in green said:

Don't quote me but from memory 22mm 930 front combined with 21mm late Carrera rear roll bars has been routinely reported to be a very good road car combination.  Again, from memory I think the 22mm 930 although only modestly thicker than the standard SC / 3.2 items is something like fifty or sixty percent stiffer, with the 21mm rear not quite as much.

If that helps with your comparisons on aftermarket options.

Thanks Simon, I have a late 3.2 so already have 22/21.  I think the Eibach are overkill and likely to cause more stress on my mounts, where the tarret being just 22mm, lighter and more options for fine tuning with the slider system I think is a good fast street compromise.

10 hours ago, mean in green said:

All '86 on 3.2s came with a 22mm front ARB, as did '84 on 930s. So Ruskiedog should already have a 22mm rear ARB.

All '86 on 3.2s came with a 21mm rear ARB, so again Ruskiedog should already have a 21mm rear ARB.

Increasing the size of the rear ARB increases oversteer, is that that what is wanted?

Increasing the size of the front ARB increases understeer.

To keep the current balance and reduce body roll in corners you need to increase both front and rear proportionally, but you will make the ride much harsher in anything other than a dead straight line with equal undulations across the width of the cars track (unlikely on the road!).

My recommendation is std 18.8mm front TBs, 26mm rear TB from a 930 (but this size TB is only available with splines to fit a 915 car, for a G50 car it would need to be the 27mm rear TB from a '89 930). 22mm front ARB and 21mm rear ARB. 

Mark

1 minute ago, SilverWT said:

All '86 on 3.2s came with a 22mm front ARB, as did '84 on 930s. So Ruskiedog should already have a 22mm rear  front ARB.

• Like 1

I have fitted a pair of RUF/Eibach anti-roll bars to my 3.2 with standard torsion bars and Sachs/Boge shocks.

They are 23mm up front and 22mm at the rear, so 1mm up from standard

Can't say I noticed much difference in ride quality TBH, but not sure you would exploit the benefit in normal road use.

I also liked the colour !

20150722_0929541505991121.jpg

20150722_0930481505990895.jpg

• Like 1

I have poly bushes all round, standard front suspension and 26mm rear TB's plus an adjustable solid 22mm anti-roll bar. Bilstein greens on all four corners.

It's fine for the road. Not tried on track yet.

Jason.

7 hours ago, hagarep said:

I have poly bushes all round, standard front suspension and 26mm rear TB's plus an adjustable solid 22mm anti-roll bar. Bilstein greens on all four corners.

It's fine for the road. Not tried on track yet.

Jason.

Thanks Jason, think i am looking at a similar route.

19 hours ago, SilverWT said:

All '86 on 3.2s came with a 22mm front ARB, as did '84 on 930s. So Ruskiedog should already have a 22mm rear ARB.

All '86 on 3.2s came with a 21mm rear ARB, so again Ruskiedog should already have a 21mm rear ARB.

Increasing the size of the rear ARB increases oversteer, is that that what is wanted?

Increasing the size of the front ARB increases understeer.

To keep the current balance and reduce body roll in corners you need to increase both front and rear proportionally, but you will make the ride much harsher in anything other than a dead straight line with equal undulations across the width of the cars track (unlikely on the road!).

My recommendation is std 18.8mm front TBs, 26mm rear TB from a 930 (but this size TB is only available with splines to fit a 915 car, for a G50 car it would need to be the 27mm rear TB from a '89 930). 22mm front ARB and 21mm rear ARB. 

Mark

Thanks, yes have F22 and R21 on my late 88.

Understood on keeping the difference.  Interesting Eibach decided on F24 and 25R, i assume to dial out the natural understeer which is what i am wanting to do along with reduce some body roll when the corners do tighten up.

I'll look into the 930 27mm fitting.  cheaper than replacing both and i need to re-index my rears as they're sitting a little higher now due to new rear Sport Bilsteins