Neo

Lovely, would be nice to hear how it compares/contrasts to driving an IB as its on my short list 👍

My friend a couple of doors down has just bought one,  lovely blue colour and sounds epic,  he’s going to let me have a drive when we get chance.  I’ve had a sit in it and at my age wasn’t easy to get back out of it,   😬

The GTS is also worth a look at, not on par with the GT4 but close, very involving, quick and comfortable but £20k cheaper! 

Edited by Beaky

yeah GTS in particular is what i fancied, cant spring for a GT4 ! sold my Cayman R about a month ago :cry: but after 7yrs ownership i wanted something different and cashed in whilst prices are inflated. Still got a hankering for an Aston Vantage but my mind says i'd be crazy with all the green hysteria and push towards milk floats...but since when has my heart listened to my brain 😂 plus it could be a last hurrah! :revs:

I've been in a GT4 on track courtesy of Mark S who used to be on here, they are so planted. But you have to do mental speeds to get more feedback from them so like a lot of cars now, too quick for the road in most circumstances.

Edited by MarkJ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lesworth said:

@MarkJ I'll just leave this here..

A friend has just purchased one of these in Red, but the Turbo version. He's slowly getting use to it (has a 996 Turbo as well), feels light and nibble on the move, driving position needs getting use but its just a unique and different driving experience compared to the Porsche. He loves the shape, he preferred it to the S4  , 

On 19/06/2022 at 23:43, Beaky said:

Lovely, would be nice to hear how it compares/contrasts to driving an IB as its on my short list 👍

Haven’t taken it on track yet but on the road it’s firm but pliant ride, a great gear change - clutch is reassuringly heavy - and the steering is really well weighted. 

Nose is very low so for a daily you’re probably better off with a GTS. 

The noise is superb. Set off the alarm on my sons Fiesta when I started it up the morning after I collected it 😂