Warm Gauges

You know how on cold mornings after the car has been running for a bit some gauges, the fuel and oil level one in my case, start to fog up because they get warm, how warm should they get if warm at all and what would be the cause of the warmth and cure if that's possible?

Cheers,

Bugs

Don't think I had the lights on so no gauge bulbs illuminated, plus I've changed them to LEDs so should be cooler?
No I was wondering if the gauges warm up due to some increase in resistance somewhere that could be looked into before it becomes more of an issue.

I drove into work (about 20min trip) and it was a cold (for us) morning, noticed the fogging up of the fuel/oil gauge and put my hand on it and could feel the warmth.

No moisture problem, car is in the garage, rarely sees rain down here and we have very low humidity, it's coldest here when the skies are clear. So the fogging is just from cold glass then the gauge unit warms up, so just interested in why the gauges warm up and if that's a sign something is starting to break down that can be sorted.

53 minutes ago, Bugs 77 said:

So the fogging is just from cold glass then the gauge unit warms up

No moisture = no fog.

My experience, in the UK, is fogging occurs mainly when you start to move and colder air gets to the back of the slightly warmer gauges via the frunk.

Most noticeable if the precious trip was in damp weather allowing a bit of damp air to get into the gauges.

14 hours ago, SilverWT said:

No moisture = no fog.

My experience, in the UK, is fogging occurs mainly when you start to move and colder air gets to the back of the slightly warmer gauges via the frunk.

Most noticeable if the precious trip was in damp weather allowing a bit of damp air to get into the gauges.

There may have been a touch of precipitation that morning :), but we can get a lot of driving in without getting wet. It's deadly heading out at the end of summer after the first showers, roads are like they're covered in soap.

So no tips on cooling gauges then.