76 sill covers

roohunt

Hi all ... long time lurker here... My car has been missing the sill covers since I bought it, I quite like the look to be honest with the exception of the jacking points which the visibility of seems to bother me more and more.

I've found some decent used covers which I can get painted, but i'm struggling to identify what other fixtures/fittings i'll require to get these onto the car. Any help and advice on what is needed would be much appreciated.

My car without the covers

fsiBuDIC_UZPdGboQmmHgLK16EIyl5GcYG1UJ6HR

How it should look with the covers in place

vQbLm7VdMCN0D1wU12zgyyzRw4f3RfjRk-DfAKDE

Porsche classic have the parts diagram for your car. You will need to establish if the little tabs along the edge of the floor pan are still in place if not, they are available but require welding back in the correct position. 

The parts diagram will tell you what screws, washers, spacers etc are required along with the part numbers.

Alternatively trim the jacking point at 45 degrees. Painting it black to match the underside could also help.

5 minutes ago, Leicestershire said:

Porsche classic have the parts diagram for your car. You will need to establish if the little tabs along the edge of the floor pan are still in place if not, they are available but require welding back in the correct position. 

The parts diagram will tell you what screws, washers, spacers etc are required along with the part numbers.

Alternatively trim the jacking point at 45 degrees. Painting it black to match the underside could also help.

Thank you ... appreciate your help there. First step, check if the tabs are in place! 

I’m not sure if your side trim panels are the same as a 1985 car but, if they are the little white plastic/nylon spacers that are on the oil cooler pipes side are extortionate!! Save quite a few pounds and buy some assorted spacers off eBay or suchlike. Also the rubber straps that go around the support brackets are stupidly expensive. Try some inner tube or thin wall rubber hose instead. 😁👍🏻

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rustybum said:

I’m not sure if your side trim panels are the same as a 1985 car but, if they are the little white plastic/nylon spacers that are on the oil cooler pipes side are extortionate!! Save quite a few pounds and buy some assorted spacers off eBay or suchlike. Also the rubber straps that go around the support brackets are stupidly expensive. Try some inner tube or thin wall rubber hose instead. 😁👍🏻

Thank you - Good tips there... I'd imagine they're the same as an 85 car ... though i'm not 100% on that!