Multi-car classic insurance recommendations

Hi folks,

I’ve been running a 993 and a 3.2 on separate insurance policies for the last couple of years with Classicline. The 993 has just come up for renewal and I thought I’d look at a multi-car policy to see if I can make some saving?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Phil

Just stick with Classicline, multi car is just really a discount for staying with one supplier.

I've been with them for years, they always seem to be the best price for modern and classic.

7 hours ago, 70sThrowback said:

Harry Metcalfe uses Footman James so would be worth trying, I know they sponser him, but still at least they do it. Classicline seem to be fairly open with their policy offerings too.

And just £7k for all those cars, and I'm not being sarcastic at all given the total value they represent!

I have two cars on a Hagerty policy but will be looking around when the policy is up for renewal in March.

Question is will these companies insure a mix of classic and modern cars at a good price? I currently have 3 cars with Admiral on a multicar policy but they won't include the 911 due to its age.

I'll give a call to classicline etc. when it's renewal time.....

Friend of mine has a multicar with Admiral, 2021 M4, 2004 986, 1987 S4, 1983 S2, 1979 308, I would call them and recheck

Cheers Matt will do, last time I spoke to them as soon as I mentioned an engine change and other mods they immediately said no

Edited by SurlySurdi

I've tried several times with different Insurers and and my experience is, if you have named drivers on your policy the prices quoted are no difference to the ones for a single car. If you are the only driver then multi-car policies probably do make sense

My Broker is Locktons, insured through Aviva on multicar policy (7 cars with multiply drivers) averages out £350 per car 

2 hours ago, SurlySurdi said:

Cheers Matt will do, last time I spoke to them as soon as I mentioned an engine change and other mods they immediately said no

Arhh, heavily modified would be a problem.