Northants Police Unmarked Speed Camera Van

njpcarrera32

Not any more, looks like my radar detector will be coming in handy. It was only a matter of time, no matter how many complaints are heard, the thin end of the wedge has arrived.

BTW, don't know if anyone else has noticed but the number of views on a quite a  few forum posts is zero, seems to be broken?

22 hours ago, Lesworth said:

Why not just avoid breaking the speed limit?

:lol:

gkbc1.jpg

Edited by GaryH
  • Haha 2

oh oh took the IB up to Warwickshire friday for a long blast and i didnt doodle through Northants....it was the M40 after all. Just about the only motorway left that doesnt have a camera every few hundred metres as its only farmland or woods on both sides.

There seem to be more unmarked police cars than actual police cars these days. :rolleyes:

My wife works near a job centre. Today she heard a lot of noise outside and saw a claimant smashing up the job centre windows.  The police arrested him, searched him and then let him go with a caution!

Heaven forbid a motorist infringes the law, WE get hauled over hot coals!

7 hours ago, MarkJ said:

oh oh took the IB up to Warwickshire friday for a long blast and i didnt doodle through Northants....it was the M40 after all. Just about the only motorway left that doesnt have a camera every few hundred metres as its only farmland or woods on both sides.

There seem to be more unmarked police cars than actual police cars these days. :rolleyes:

I don’t think the M40 goes through Northants.
The M1 however… The Northants section has just been ‘upgraded’ to smart motorway so 4 lanes. Speed limit 60 mph, even though it’s clear, no delays. Speed cameras appear to trigger at about 65 mph, and they’re catching loads.

isnt Banbury and turn off for Silverstone Northants? went past both on the M40 :wacko: i am a southerner after all :lol:

Dont get me started on Smart motorways, an ironic title if ever there was one :rolleyes: smart run by dumb maybe...another key in the 'control' world. You all be good little sheep and follow the speed numbers we are enforcing on you, love the way they change the speed on same gantry that has a camera on it. Its almost like they have forgotten the whole idea of a Motorway in the first place, ie get you from A to B in swifter manner!

On 17/01/2023 at 09:43, MarkJ said:

isnt Banbury and turn off for Silverstone Northants? went past both on the M40 :wacko: i am a southerner after all :lol:

Geography lesson 🎓: Banbury is in Oxfordshire, the western half of Silverstone is in Buckinghamshire, and the eastern half in Northants. 😁

The other Nige

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Northants starts just on the other side of the M40 from Banbury at J11 and over the hill as you head towards Silverstone just past Middleton Cheney, so in some ways you're kinda both right @njpcarrera32@MarkJ. Not seen any unmarked vans around my way but frequently run into the marked ones and they are always in known speed zones or close to schools so the locals generally support them. You do sometimes see camera vans on the M40 bridges south of Junction 9 so be careful out there.

• 2 weeks later...