Mirrors, mirrors, mirrors

Ian Comerford

I never really liked the flag mirrors on my car, although they do give plenty of visibility. Whilst looking for the right type I bought a few different sets which are now for sale.  
First up are Vitaloni Sebrings, which mount on the car using the lower part of your flag mirror.  These have been modified to fit the flag mirrors as you can see and will fit yours to by the simple expedient of a single hole drilled through the boss.  A few people on here, such as Lewis, have these mirrors.  I can describe fitting better if you wish.  Although pictured these do not include the flag base which is in gold in the picture. £50 please plus any postage required.

DDBCEBE8-5341-4A45-827C-F31E2F451F52.jpeg

BAFB82F9-958D-4781-888B-D7A901F1FA34.jpeg

Next is a set of Talbot mirrors which probably suit a backdated car better. In black and good condition, the mirrors adjust using the screw in the front.

61E850D8-1845-405B-A3AE-FCDD7BF78FE9.jpeg

B56F2ED3-884E-4AAA-A6F3-A42BB80CCE08.jpeg

Finally, a set of silver metallic flags. Not sure why I bought these……. In good condition but with some stone chips to the paint.  Glass is good.  £100 plus any postage

5E088519-B936-4081-A165-5019A81FC686.jpeg

Edited by Ian Comerford

11 hours ago, 1989Carerra said:

Hi

do the motors all work in the flags?

Hi, fair question and I don’t know but will check.  The wires appear to have been unplugged so I will have to remove the glass and rig up some power.  I will get back to you

what mirrors have you settled on Ian? I run the Sebrings, had them on for about 10yrs now. Its like looking down a smarties tube to see whats behind you :lol: but much prefer them to the ugly flags. Have been tempted to go for a set of 964RS style mirrors on occasion just for a bit more rear vision, cant decide if they suit the older G-series,  but survived countless euro adventures with just the sebrings so far.

11 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

what mirrors have you settled on Ian? I run the Sebrings, had them on for about 10yrs now. Its like looking down a smarties tube to see whats behind you :lol: but much prefer them to the ugly flags. Have been tempted to go for a set of 964RS style mirrors on occasion just for a bit more rear vision, cant decide if they suit the older G-series,  but survived countless euro adventures with just the sebrings so far.

Hi Mark, I bought a set of the Ruf mirrors, the ones on the Yellowbird.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nige said:

What's the price on the Talbots Ian?  Also could you measure the distance between the fixing centres please.

Thanks

Hi Nige they cost me £100 plus postage a few years ago so I guess that will do if it works for you?  The centres are a smidge over 4 inches or exactly 103mm

24 minutes ago, jon8710 said:

Hi Ian 

i will have the  Vitaloni Sebrings if they are still going!

let me knw and I can send the cash =postage 

cheers 

Hi Jon,

They’re yours, thank you.  Please pm me your contact details and I will get them in the post.  I will let you know what the postage actually costs and then ask you to pay if that’s ok.  

9 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Hi Nige they cost me £100 plus postage a few years ago so I guess that will do if it works for you?  The centres are a smidge over 4 inches or exactly 103mm

Thanks Ian, I check if they fit the current holes some way or other.

14 hours ago, Nige said:

Thanks Ian, I check if they fit the current holes some way or other.

Thanks Nige.  When I was looking at how best to fit them I was going to make up an aluminium base plate in something about 1.6-2mm thick with a curve to reflect the door panel and about 5mm larger all round than the mirror base.  Mostly for aesthetics but also to reduce paint damage.

Off topic slightly; RUF do make a bigger type (basically a version of the cup mirror head only; https://www.ruf-web.co.jp/parts/porsche-911/162/ unfortunately LHD only, 'cos I had to heavily modify mine to fit. Good news is that cup glass fits, so concave/flat/convex all available.