My Le Mans Classic 'essentials' list

SurlySurdi

Chaps I've been compiling a list of items to take with me for my first Le Mans Classic trip this year, since many of you are seasoned visitors to this epic event I thought I'd publish what I have so far and invite you to amend/add to the list. I am camping in my friend's converted sprinter van which he has kitted out to a very decent standard. 

Right, the list so far is as follows:

Le Mans list

Toilet seat covers
Earplugs
Gaviscon
Immodium
Paracetamol
Pate
E scooters
Mini fridge
Bedding
telescopic foldable st00l

over to you.... 

Edited by SurlySurdi
Spelling

3 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

But not in bottles anymore ☹️

Not unless things have changed since last year? Or are you confusing with the Modern Le Mans ?

We did have a club stand with entry via Tetre Rouge entrance with Picnic, wine, beer the full Monty…..basically anything goes, with no checks

(other than tickets) on entry at all 

Throw the telescopic st00l in the bin and buy yourself a properly comfy camping chair.  st00l may sound sensible, but you'll regret after an hour of sitting, nevermind several hours.

I always take a little camping stove, midnight pot noodles keep me fuelled.

Proper cutlery and a plastic plate.  Washing up supplies (sponge/liquid).

A bloody good Spotify playlist to get you in the mood on the drive down.

2 hours ago, Sidewaysfun said:

Throw the telescopic st00l in the bin and buy yourself a properly comfy camping chair.  st00l may sound sensible, but you'll regret after an hour of sitting, nevermind several hours.

I always take a little camping stove, midnight pot noodles keep me fuelled.

Proper cutlery and a plastic plate.  Washing up supplies (sponge/liquid).

A bloody good Spotify playlist to get you in the mood on the drive down.

Thanks, will follow your advice, the st00l was a passing fancy

Euros! For any late night taxis back to the tent/accommodation.

Torch

Solar charger

Cool-bag

Umbrella (used for both sun and rain before in one day)

Fold-out chair (but crucially, one with an angled back. The upright ones dig in after a few hours of dedicated spectating)

Refillable drinks bottle (water is more expensive than beer within the track)

In-car cup holder

——

Love the e-scooter idea! Last year we all fitted roof racks too.

• Thanks 1

Folding comfy camping chair AND a lightweight tripod st00l for those hikes round the circuit.

Light, packable fleece top/hoodie for when you find yourself round the other side of the circuit when it gets dark but you can't tear yourself away.

Umbrella

Several really cheap front door mats - if you use the showers, as you step out of the shower, you step onto a muddy floor left by others.  But not if you take a super-cheap mat, put it on the floor just outside your shower curtain, then you've got something nice and clean to stand on while you put your socks/shoes/flip-flops on.  And you just leave the mat there for the next guy, who thinks you are mega-considerate.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

There is a decathlon in Le Mans. Last time I picked up a chair down there for 20 euros and used that. I would take one, if you haven’t paid for a grandstand you are basically sitting on the dirt. 

• Thanks 1