Megaphonics 23 - 13th August

I went to the first two, in 2019 and 2020 and rather enjoyed them.  Not quite everyone's cup of tea, as it's a bit 'curated' and getting food & drink requires the ability to use modern tech (QR codes).  And our very own @Leicestershire of this parish might have a different view ...

Not a bad event, it’s a nice thing to do once and then again after a couple of years. Good chance to meet like minded individuals. Vendors can be open to doing a deal for their products. I purchased my side decals for 50% off.

SS

Edited by SurlySurdi

I did the first one in 2019, really enjoyed it as i'd not been to an event like that before. There are obviously lots of similar events now, i've got a ticket for this year, deliberately left it a few years as otherwise felt it would be too much of the same. Its a nice setting and there is always a good aircooled turn out.

• 1 month later...

Its the Missus birthday on the Monday, so know doubt we'll be celebrating on the Sunday which means this is a no go.

Plan B, Now if I can persuade her to celebrate on the Saturday.....................................................😇

7 hours ago, Zohar said:

I’ll be there please say hello if you see me next to the kiln red ib. Don’t really know any of the forum members in person.  

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you :) I too font know any IB members but I'm sure we will meet a few next month. I just hope my car makes the 400+ round trip.

Hi All, am hoping this will be my first run out in my first IB!!!  Have been to this meet before in my 993 which together with my SWB 912 I just sold to fund a 2.7 Carrera Mfi…. It is having a few bits done but I have asked then to try and get it done for this.  Like a few above I have not met anyone of course so be good to meet a few of you.

If it gets done in time it is a 74 in white with a duck tail… please come and say hi!

Best Ant

IMG_7889.jpeg

• Like 3

I note entry gives you the right to park/display in the aircooled area?

Is this a free movement event if your not in the public car park ( in that I would need to do a quick couple of hours visit then move on ) or do you have to stay all day parked up until like some other events I’ve been to ?

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets bought…I’m driving down from up here on Saturday and making a weekend of it with the OH with a couple of nights in a decent Cotswoldy pub..

I often recognise cars before the owners but look out for the Red 3.2 with the gold BBS..

• Like 1

If it suits anyone’s journey I am hoping to meet a few pals from DDK at Bassets Pole which is South of Lichfield on A38. About 0830 in McDonalds car park!

Note to all from North the M42 is shut all weekend at NEC (jcn 6 to 7a) due to HS2 so it is M5 or M6 I guess …..which is a pain. 

2 hours ago, Anta said:

If it suits anyone’s journey I am hoping to meet a few pals from DDK at Bassets Pole which is South of Lichfield on A38. About 0830 in McDonalds car park!

Note to all from North the M42 is shut all weekend at NEC (jcn 6 to 7a) due to HS2 so it is M5 or M6 I guess …..which is a pain. 

I think some of the tipec guys are meeting there as well