Central locking?

993porky

My car is 85 should it have central locking, centre console only has rotating thing for speakers no central locking button also when I open driver door it only opens that one not passengers side, was it an option back then, doesn’t really bother me tbh just more curious 

thanks

Paul

Get a decent alarm fitted and they will be able to connect it to the central locking or be able to fit that feature as part of the install if your car does not have it. So much nicer to lock/unlock using a remote.

SS

2 hours ago, SurlySurdi said:

Get a decent alarm fitted and they will be able to connect it to the central locking or be able to fit that feature as part of the install if your car does not have it. So much nicer to lock/unlock using a remote.

SS

Yes it is a better way, it feels really strange having to open door with key😳 that used to just pressing a button on keys nowadays 

On 11/06/2023 at 07:47, 993porky said:

Yes it is a better way, it feels really strange having to open door with key😳 that used to just pressing a button on keys nowadays 

I love opening the door with a key, suits the vintage of the cars I think.

On 10/06/2023 at 20:38, 993porky said:

My car is 85 should it have central locking, centre console only has rotating thing for speakers no central locking button also when I open driver door it only opens that one not passengers side, was it an option back then, doesn’t really bother me tbh just more curious 

thanks

Paul

Does the passenger door do the same? Does either door make any noises as you unlock?

First page of the bentley manual has an overview of central locking components and things to look for.

ScreenShot2023-06-15at13_19_12.thumb.jpg.b68afa83e788c517b224dcb7fcde1fde.jpg

@jevvy passenger door the same only unlocks it self when using key in it no noise from both doors just the manual clunky noise as you turn key, wondering if it was an option back in 85 to have central locking as no button in centre console, will have a read of Bentley and have a look for the other bits 👍

thanks

Paul 

• Like 1

Have you got the original service manual? If so on the first page there should be a paper sticker with the Vin number, paint code and option codes for your car. There might be another one on the underside of the Frunk(bonnet) lid.

The options for MY85 can be found here. There is a option code 341 is for central locking. 

https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche-911-1985-options-codes/

• Like 1

Thanks @TargaWayne I looked under bonnet at front car has original sticker there saying C16 but doesn’t look like any other codes underneath (on same sticker) compared to previous 993’s which had loads of options listed, will check that link out thanks and have a look in device book but think that will match the bonnet sticker, I’m not fussed about the central locking it’s more curiosity 👍

thanks 

Paul 

Have the key barrels ever been removed as there is a plastic collar that affects the central locking along with the the sensor/switch on the side of the handle.  No5 on the diagram.

There is also a round multiplug either side of the car boot right up behind the struts/lifters for the bonnet.  Check those are connected as they send power to the doors.

• Like 1

@Nige I don’t think barrels have been removed well not to my knowledge anyway, will check them plugs out but thinking they must be ok as windows work, thanks. 
im really impressed with all the help and advise I’ve been receiving from everyone on here it’s been well appreciated 👍🏻

thanks 

Paul