Carbone switchable exhaust.

Has anyone been up close or know anything about the Carbone switchable exhaust?

Was wondering what it sounds like in sport mode and how quiet non sport is when cruising, for my wife on long trips :)

Cheers,
Phil

Pretty sure they dont make it, all the other exhaust stuff is Dansk (and 20% more than most) maybe try and find out who makes it, 

Over £3K is crazy!

I called in at Rennspeed for a cuppa with my mate Ben the other day and he had a car on the lift with one of these exhausts on that he had fitted.

It looked to be really well made.

It looked like the valves by-pass the silencers all together.

I didn’t hear it running.

Yes, from what I can see your're looking at pretty much straight pipes when the valves are open, I guess some exhaust pressure would still flow through the mufflers, maybe even 50% but would depend on the exhaust path near the valve intersection.

Just an observation - a few of the exhausts seem to be using HVAC servos for controlling the 'flaps'.  I'm not convinced that these will hold up to the heat of the exhaust.  They aren't really designed to live outside in the weather either...

Hello guys,

I wanted to respond to all this questions you asked about the CarBone active bypass muffler. 
First of all, this product was 100% designed and produced by CarBone, it's not just branding. It took a crazy amount of hours and dedication to develop. It was modified countless times to approach perfection. It is durable and weather- resistant, is made of high quality type 304 stainless steel.
Below I attach a link to a YT video where it was noise tested by them.