Wheel Arch Liners ?

Will

Hi, 

It's my first winter with my 3.2 and am keen to drive it - salt permitting! 

I washed it today and noticed there are no wheel arch liners.  ... Should there be? I was led to believe my car was quite stock, so surprised if they are missing....?

Thanks

Will

9 minutes ago, Will said:

Hi, 

It's my first winter with my 3.2 and am keen to drive it - salt permitting! 

I washed it today and noticed there are no wheel arch liners.  ... Should there be? I was led to believe my car was quite stock, so surprised if they are missing....?

Thanks

Will

No factory liners, That's why they have a habit of rotting around the kidney bowls behind the door slam panel and on the front inner wings.

I fitted a set a few years ago and they are the best thing to reduce the incidence of corrosion in most of the common areas.  But I don’t think they’re great as they fit where they touch and are very much down to how good you are at diy and how much time you have to make them fit.  I’m surprised that no one has scanned the wheel arches and come up with a set that fits better from the start.  I know there are differences between our cars but they’re not huge.

i'm wondering that if they don't fit perfectly you're more likely to get rot? Some modern cars like my TT are prone to this as moisture gets behind the plastic on the wheel arches and sits, rotting from the inside out. As long as you can spray up into the nooks and crannie to wash away the dirt and salt wouldn't this be better?

They do keep the muck from accumulating in nooks and crannies; that muck (especially if doused with salt water) holds the moisture that causes the corrosion. IMHO it's better to have them than not. Better still is to not drive the car on salty roads.

Ive fitted Lockari liners to my 3.2 and they are great.

Take your time fitting them and make sure you push them right up into the arches before securing them.

I use this car all through the winter and in spring when I take them off to have a look everything is nice and dry and clean behind.

Lightweight aluminium with rubber seals. I ordered a few sets and they did a decent deal.

Nick

On 11/11/2023 at 15:04, greeny27rs said:

Ive fitted Lockari liners to my 3.2 and they are great.

Take your time fitting them and make sure you push them right up into the arches before securing them.

I use this car all through the winter and in spring when I take them off to have a look everything is nice and dry and clean behind.

Lightweight aluminium with rubber seals. I ordered a few sets and they did a decent deal.

Nick

Hi @greeny27rs thanks for sharing, do you have a link or any info/images on those Lockari wheel liners? Interested in knowing price etc. thanks! Duncan