Rolling Road tuning near Salisbury?

R500_WKD

I would like to get the car on a rolling road and for someone who knows what they are tinkering with to get the best from it. I would love to take it up to Wayne but it's a 4/5 hour trip from here and would turn into a couple of days worth. 

Anyone have any recommendations for someone who will do a good job in the Salisbury/Southampton/Andover area or within an hour or so of there?

Ray West at Thruxton did my EFI.  Pleased with what he did (not porky, but he does do a lot of the cup cars, so must know a bit about them 🤣)

9 minutes ago, PeterK said:

Ray West at Thruxton did my EFI.  Pleased with what he did (not porky, but he does do a lot of the cup cars, so must know a bit about them 🤣)

Thank you Peter. His website is down but his FB page says all the right things and has a good smattering of air cooled Porsches. I will give him a try.

Lloyds of Warminster are good guys, not the cheapest partly because they use a bolt on hub attaching dyno arrangement, so there's most of an hour gone before you start.... 

• Like 1

I know next to nothing about the subject. I just want to take the car along to a tuner who can live remap it to make sure I'm getting the best from the engine following the modifications to standard set up. Tweaking AFR and ignition tables. Is Wayne the only man who can do this on our cars? I would love to go to him but it's a 5 hour drive away and I know I will end up going more than once. 

If I can find someone local it would be great. Do we not think Ray West or Lloyds are able to do anything other than a simple Dyno run? If that's the case I will have to head north for a couple of days.

Ray West completely remapped my Emerald ECU & then sorted the cold start enrichment

So I've had a chat with both those suggested and a couple of others.

Phoenix were prepared to give it a go but didn't have a great deal of experience with flat 6's or Varioram. Didn't really like Motronic but was prepared to do it. I didn't come away from that call with a great deal of confidence. Same with the extra two options I found.

Ray West was a different story. Plenty of experience of flat 6 and Varioram. Not phased at all by Motronic, said it was easy to do if you had the right kit. I spoke to him about Wayne who he spoke very highly of and said he was the other person in the country who had that level of experience and was set up for it. Sounded like a really nice and down to earth guy so I'm going to try them, being only 20 minutes from home rather than 5 hours away. Hopefully I have lucked out. 

Thank you @PeterK great suggestion.

• Like 2

I’m sure you’re right, he would be my first option, but if I can find someone almost as good 20 minutes from home it makes much more sense. 

I might be wasting my time and money and I might end up at Wayne’s place in the spring, but I’m going to give the local alternative a go first.

• Like 1

• johndglynn changed the title to Rolling Road tuning near Salisbury?