IB meet at The Bowl - 11 Feb

We are already in the second week of 24 without having agreed a meet, coffee etc so I thought I would throw a date and location out there and see if you can be encouraged to get into your lovely cars and have a drive. So how about meeting at Caffeine & Machine - The Bowl, which is by Millbrook Proving Ground and hopefully reachable for plenty of people.  Sunday 11th February from 0900-1100.  Let me know if you can make it and if we get enough interest I will book a slot with The Bowl.

I’ll be a maybe, my wife is running a half that day so not sure is attendance is required, either way I’ll have the nippers with me. Be good to see your faces guys. 

10 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Great!  This is getting more and more like the reunion of the original IB crowd, can’t wait

images (7)~2.jpeg

The much vaunted Motley Crue reunion :lol:

image.jpeg.94cc88f9c176908c4e80a529aae64468.jpeg

Edited by GaryH

Ian, thanks for the great idea. Will be coming up from near Chichester if anyone wants to meet up along the way. Liphook services on the A3? Or Wisley services prior to the trundle round the M25?

11 hours ago, sopor said:

Ian, thanks for the great idea. Will be coming up from near Chichester if anyone wants to meet up along the way. Liphook services on the A3? Or Wisley services prior to the trundle round the M25?

Great, a Southern convoy heading up to The Hill

And C&M have just announced they’re opening “The Hut” at the junction of the A272 and A32 in West Meon, between Petersfield and Winchester. 

Here’s a question, mostly for the 97% of people who have viewed this thread and decided not to join;

What would make it more attractive to you, different location, day, date/time of year, time?  We can’t please everyone clearly but 3% attending is abysmal and I thought cars and coffee events were supposed to be popular, a simple recipe and a car focussed meet.

Maybe the Sheriff is interested in responses

11 hours ago, sopor said:

And C&M have just announced they’re opening “The Hut” at the junction of the A272 and A32 in West Meon, between Petersfield and Winchester. 

Thats brilliant! I love the A272 (when it’s not got tractors and caravans on it )

4 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

Here’s a question, mostly for the 97% of people who have viewed this thread and decided not to join;

I know that was directed at me :lol: you’re desperate to meet me aren’t you Ian :P I’m afraid I will be on hols, Costa Rica or the Bowl, can’t do both :(   
However, my engine should be finished and back in the car soon so I will be looking for excuses for road trips.

2 minutes ago, Phill said:

Thats brilliant! I love the A272 (when it’s not got tractors and caravans on it )

I know that was directed at me :lol: you’re desperate to meet me aren’t you Ian :P I’m afraid I will be on hols, Costa Rica or the Bowl, can’t do both :(   
However, my engine should be finished and back in the car soon so I will be looking for excuses for road trips.

Ha ha, thanks Phill, not quite.  I’m genuinely trying to understand how we get more people out, to just get together for a couple of hours, drink coffee, talk rubbish and then go home

17 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

Ha ha, thanks Phill, not quite.  I’m genuinely trying to understand how we get more people out, to just get together for a couple of hours, drink coffee, talk rubbish and then go home

I’m desperate to drive my car properly, less than 1500 miles in 2 years is ridiculous. Now I’m retired (like many here) there is no excuse really. 
I think on this occasion, weather, risk of salt, dark days all plays a factor. But you are right, there has been a significant drop off in meets etc probably a lot due to COVID. I’m booking lots of shows this year for me and my son, paid for about four so far. Might see you at Players Classic.

1 hour ago, Ian Comerford said:

What would make it more attractive to you, different location, day, date/time of year, time?  We can’t please everyone clearly but 3% attending is abysmal and I thought cars and coffee events were supposed to be popular, a simple recipe and a car focussed meet.

When I saw the details of this IB meet, I immediately looked into the logistics. Sadly the 400 mile round trip for a 2 hours car and coffee meet, just doesn't work out for me. 

Edited by 1982SC
info
  • Like 1

I'm in, It much nearer to me than The Yard, I have an RPOC Brekkie meet on Sunday the 28th Jan, so will check out the Breakfast.

Who we need to buy tickets?

2 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Good on you for arranging this but for me it's a 6 hour 280 mile road trip mostly on motorways probably covered in salt and a good chance of poor weather. 👍

I'd probably go if it were 100ish miles all in and the weather was likely to be better!  

2 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

What would make it more attractive to you, different location, day, date/time of year, time? 

Hi Ian, 

Having to get up at 6am (after a Saturday nigh event) in Feb to drive on lack luster/congested/speed controlled roads (M25 & M1), that are either covered in salt, or awash with rain,  is not very inspiring for me I'm afraid. 

Dates startig in April may be more inspiring.

Sorry,

Mark