Finding an Electrocooler installer

1 hour ago, Nige said:

Sladey is installing the kit on his on DDK, he has come across a few obstacles but that's mainly his car being a bit different from the norm.

https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6932&hilit=sladey&start=2190

Wow, Mark is struggling a bit there but to be fair he is fitting it into a modded car where it’s not really supposed to go.

When we visited Sportswagen, they were fitting one to a customer car that was  having a ground up refurb. They said it is a very time consuming  job to do it tidily, particularly running all the pipework, and connections, etc. and best done with a stripped out car.

Its a great kit once in they said, the getting it in is the issue. 

I'm in Rochester in North Kent near the Dartford crossing guys, I'm happy to travel I'm committed do this project now, I'm not having another trip to Le Mans spent in a sweaty cabin! Help!

SS

1 hour ago, SurlySurdi said:

I'm not having another trip to Le Mans spent in a sweaty cabin! Help!

TwoZero Lime Green Borat Mankini ManThong Swimming Stag Do Fancy Dress Costume Joke Gift Secret Santa

Wearing one of these and bottled water would be a cheaper option.......:o 

Edited by Beaky
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SurlySurdi said:

I'm in Rochester in North Kent near the Dartford crossing guys, I'm happy to travel I'm committed do this project now, I'm not having another trip to Le Mans spent in a sweaty cabin! Help!

SS

One of my daughters lives about 10 mins away (Rainham)

1 hour ago, PeterK said:

One of my daughters lives about 10 mins away (Rainham)

That's just around the corner, let me know when you're in the area and pop over for a cuppa or a pint Peter.

SS

I wouldn't be deterred by what has been learnt in the last few days, if anything you're now in a better position to DIY than you were.

It might be no small undertaking but it is all just nuts, bolts, pipes and brackets and you could start knowing that you weren't the first - there's lots of chat to refer to now. Work methodically, logically. Not setting a timescale can help.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phill said:

@SurlySurdi do you have tools and the ability to make bits and pieces like brackets etc at yours?

Plenty of tools and power tools, anything I dont have I can get 😀

7 minutes ago, SurlySurdi said:

Plenty of tools and power tools, anything I dont have I can get 😀

Well I’m happy to come over and lend a hand/get stuck in. It would be an interesting project and a detailed write up on here would be good.

IB forums to the rescue again. what a bunch of lads!

Im born in the wrong country, norway with polar bears roaming the streets...

i got a retrocooler on the shelf too, will be following with interest