Caffeine and Machine - The Hut

This one opens on the 17th March. 
My son and I were going to go but it’s £10 per car. I don’t get this. Am I missing something? £10 to park your car, for the privilege of buying food and drink in their cafe?

29 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

That £10 is then a credit inside. When you order you give them your ticket number to access the credit. The ticketing is just so they can manage the parking numbers etc.

They don’t mention that on the website, unless of course I missed it. Will look again.

35 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

That £10 is then a credit inside. When you order you give them your ticket number to access the credit. The ticketing is just so they can manage the parking numbers etc.

Found it, it’s half the ticket back inside. Won’t be bothering, there are too many breakfast meets that are free.

They should be gaining their money back through sales of food and drink. If they want to control numbers then give free tickets to park. I bet @tea boydoesnt pay to park at the ten acres cafe ;)

B road at the Stag don’t charge    
Torque Moto Cafe don’t charge   
Black Swan don’t charge   
etc etc

The problem is these places are price gouging, taking advantage, it’s why life gets more and more expensive to do anything enjoyable 

I shall stop ranting now (I’ve actually changed into GaryH now….)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

I guess there are plenty of breakfast meet options to suit all tastes and requirements which is a good thing!

You have such a soothing influence Les :D

• Haha 1

A small admission charge encourages people to stick around for a bit which in turn helps create an atmosphere. Stops it from turning into a cruise venue like so many McDonalds on a summer's evening.

The tickets also provide a way of identifying those that just can't help themselves and roar off at high speed, upsetting the locals and providing grounds for complaints to the council. They can be banned from future events and/or contacted and given a telling off.

43 minutes ago, sopor said:

The tickets also provide a way of identifying those that just can't help themselves and roar off at high speed, upsetting the locals and providing grounds for complaints to the council. They can be banned from future events and/or contacted and given a telling off.

Ah so that was you the other week then Felix. Tut tut. ;)

• 3 weeks later...