Alarm/Immobiliser question

Sorry I know I’ve been going on lately as a new owner but, I used the car for the first time, got to say coming from a 997 turbo it feels fast enough and the feedback is amazing I love the steering! The clutch and brakes will take a bit of practice but not regretting my decision!

It’s a 1989 targa so has central locking but obviously not remote and you unlock the car with the key, this might be a step back in time I can’t cope with🙈

Porsche fitted in 2004 an immobiliser/alarm but I notice in the receipts it had the immobiliser removed and a new one fitted, the type you have a fob and put it in the dash, see pic to disarm. This also is a pain, what the go to system that includes remote unlocking and disarming, I’ve got clifford on a defender.

cheers

Chris

01A3968C-451E-4C7C-8B5B-8344607AF586.jpeg

Edited by silvermilnec

I have a cobra alarm system, this includes switches for the engine cover and trunk and also interior sensors and an immobiliser. It's plumbed into the central locking system and it unlocks and immobilises from the remote key fob. Paid around a grand for it 4 years ago.

SS

7 minutes ago, SurlySurdi said:

I have a cobra alarm system, this includes switches for the engine cover and trunk and also interior sensors and an immobiliser. It's plumbed into the central locking system and it unlocks and immobilises from the remote key fob. Paid around a grand for it 4 years ago.

SS

Cheers 

I would think you can get an updated system for about £500

21 minutes ago, Type911 said:

I would think you can get an updated system for about £500

That about what the Clifford is, I just wondered if one of the makes work better with Porsche but I suppose 80s wiring 80s wiring 👍👍

On 03/04/2024 at 09:16, sopor said:

Enigma Audio in West London has a good reputation for alarm installs.

Agree with that, great guys.    

On 02/04/2024 at 21:24, SurlySurdi said:

SS

Did likewise, made sure that all the old alarm wiring was stripped out at the same time. If memory serves there was the remains of three different systems