Sunroof Seal Lengths

Ronnie

Hello, has any fitted sunroof seals, would you know the length of the rear seal, I bought a kit off design 911 fitted it but didn't get back one right, ordered new rear seal only it's nearly 20 mm to short, design 911 say all there seals are 95 mm long, I have mine still on roof at 97.5 mm, has any one ever measured the seals

Thanks Ronnie 

46 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hello, has any fitted sunroof seals, would you know the length of the rear seal, I bought a kit off design 911 fitted it but didn't get back one right, ordered new rear seal only it's nearly 20 mm to short, design 911 say all there seals are 95 mm long, I have mine still on roof at 97.5 mm, has any one ever measured the seals

Thanks Ronnie 

Sorry, 95cm and 97.5cm

Hi @Ronnie

I’m in the process of redoing my sunroof seals now too, also buying my sunroof seals from Design 911.

I marked the sunroof before taking off the original seal and the length required appears to be 95cm.

Doesn’t give much leeway as the new seals are 95cm exact, but hopefully that reassures you that the length required appears to be 95cm by way of checking against the original one I’ve removed from the car.

There’s a really great series of video on YouTube on sunroof servicing from JoeEngineer. Worth a look as he goes through every step, including fitting the seal on the sunroof, starting in the centre and working upwards. I also noticed there is a little stretch in the seal incase you do wish to fit it a little longer.

• johndglynn changed the title to Sunroof Seal Lengths