Impact Bumpers
porkersc

3.2 Owners say Hello

Hi all

bought my 1988 911 3.2 Carrera Sport a few months back, 186K miles. Just started cleaning and tidying and fixing little issues so far, wheels and some bis of paint next...

DSC_0025.thumb.JPG.4878fba857eaee9f75fc16b7ea21d9c1.JPGDSC_0026.thumb.JPG.0bfcb36aaec05df552555c249e98d235.JPG

Hi all, 

New owner, having wanting to scratch that air-cooled for many a year - and finally succumbed. 

GP White from 1985 , 915 box, with 110k miles, acquired by me in October. 

Jobs so far; new cam oil lines, refurb engine fan, rebuilt AFM, recon ECU (lots of dry solder joints, and more preventative maintenance), new braided brake hoses, injectors cleaned, CV boots, new fuel pump. Mostly for reliability and more to do but usable as is, and nothing major. 

Already booked for solo road trip to Angouleme in September to help out a mate racing an MGA. Likely to do Spa and Nordschleife soon also :)

UK car spent most it's early life in London, then Colchester, and now with me Wirral, Cheshire. 

Nice friendly forum 👍

Pic from local C&C Liverpool.

Tony

20181028_210921.jpg

Welcome to IB. I'll look forward to reading about your road trips...don't forget your camera.

Sorry to hear about your affliction Tony and that you have surrcummed to the possible fatal Classic Porsche disease! Anyway, you are in good company as your illness progresses, unfortunately the cure is varied and can re-occur so be warned! I have on the odd occasion, contemplated selling the Turbo, but after much hand-ringing and a spirited drive, all thoughts are banished and after a couple of stiff three-fingered whiskies, sanity returned! I sometimes just sit in the garage with a glass of MacAllans and just look at it, kinda sad I know but I’m not alone! (There are others on this esteemed site who do the same, but daren’t admit to it)! .......welcome to the ‘Factory’........it’s a very knowledgeable bunch of mis-fits with a wealth of support and technical expertise. 

Regards,

David

two white slightly higher milers...hope for mine yet! 194K and still going strong :steering:  welcome onboard :)

Thanks for the friendly welcome, certainly is a very warming forum to newbies and dedicated owners. Some lovely looking vehicles owned by enthusiasts here, and also a mine of information available to all which is great. 

Certainly no newcomer to classics, own a tricked out 1967 Sunbeam Tiger (20 odd years) and relatively recently a 1973 Datsun 240z imported from California, but the 911 brings a very different smile after a 'spirited' drive. Just annoyed that I didn't scratch that itch sooner!!! LOL!