3.2 Owners say Hello

porkersc

3 minutes ago, benqv said:

Yes it's an '84 MY in Zinc Met.

Thought so, I own both it's sibling, another '84 3.2 in Zinnmetallic and its older cousin an '83 SC in Zinnmetallic.

8 minutes ago, benqv said:

Hopefully doing a deal on a set of gold 16-inch Campys too.

It's your car and it's just my personal opinion, but nooooooooooooooooo don't do it!!!

Mark

12 minutes ago, SilverWT said:

It's your car and it's just my personal opinion, but nooooooooooooooooo don't do it!!!

Mark

Don't worry Mark - I'll be keeping the Fuchs which will get fully refurb'd. 🙂 

19 minutes ago, benqv said:

Don't worry Mark - I'll be keeping the Fuchs which will get fully refurb'd. 🙂 

A bit tongue cheek really, I run gold centred BBS wheels on the track. Gold wheels on a silver car does divide opinion.

Mark

6 hours ago, SilverWT said:

A bit tongue cheek really, I run gold centred BBS wheels on the track. Gold wheels on a silver car does divide opinion.

Mark

I think that's true of gold wheels in general. Always loved them though, especially on stuff like the Countach S, Stratos etc.

Anyway, got a few years tread left on my current tyres so the Fuchs will be staying on for a while yet. 👍

1 hour ago, ROBINWILD said:

Purity....

👍

20 hours ago, benqv said:

Thank you Sidebp and Mark,

Yes it's an '84 MY in Zinc Met. with no sunroof, no rear spoiler, no air-con and manually adjustable seats. About as light as I could get this side of a Club Sport.

Car was originally owned by Porsche. It will get lots of use over next couple of years during which time I hope to fit a complete new exhaust system and Steve Wong chip. Will ultimately have the suspension / drivetrain overhauled before bare metal repaint to make it perfect. Well that's the plan anyway 🙂.

Hopefully doing a deal on a set of gold 16-inch Campys too.

All the best,

B

Fabulous looking car - welcome.

I'd recommend you go see Wayne @ Chip Wizards rather than go the Steve Wong route.

I had a Steve Wong chip in my car and, whilst there is nothing wrong with it, I'm much happier with the tuning that Wayne achieved. Ultimate power and torque figures are very similar but the low speed drivability I have now is streets ahead of the Steve Wong chip.

7 hours ago, Beaky said:

Hello and welcome to our  addiction, lovely looking IB you have there. No to much hibernation I hope, these cars like to be driven.  

Stored for 10 months but started every couple of weeks. It'll be run pretty much every week now and I'm looking forward to putting a couple of thousand miles on it every year. 👍

57 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

Fabulous looking car - welcome.

I'd recommend you go see Wayne @ Chip Wizards rather than go the Steve Wong route.

I had a Steve Wong chip in my car and, whilst there is nothing wrong with it, I'm much happier with the tuning that Wayne achieved. Ultimate power and torque figures are very similar but the low speed drivability I have now is streets ahead of the Steve Wong chip.

That's good to know, thank you. I will look into this more next year. 👍

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 20:40, benqv said:

Hello all,

Just joined up. I purchased this 3.2 Coupe last summer but stored it until now.

The car's having a service at the moment and I hope to pick it up in a couple of days.

Had a few Porsches over the years and spent a long time looking for one in this spec.

Ben

art-bb002-911a.jpg

Lovely looking and welcome!  If you're ever Surrey way give me a shout.

• 3 months later...

Hello all

Just took delivery of a 1984 3.2 and already getting great tips from the resources on here. Loving the feel of this car - so solid

Based on Leatherhead so will be down at the Black Swan meet next month if anyone is about

aaron

FFB936F7-5A8E-4AE6-B835-D19BFF44CA52.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/08/2022 at 22:24, 209MOR said:

Hello all

Just took delivery of a 1984 3.2 and already getting great tips from the resources on here. Loving the feel of this car - so solid

Based on Leatherhead so will be down at the Black Swan meet next month if anyone is about

aaron

FFB936F7-5A8E-4AE6-B835-D19BFF44CA52.jpeg

Hi Aaron, I'm just down the road Dorking / Leith Hill area if you fancy a meet up?

45 minutes ago, 333GbodGod said:

Hello there. 

'89 911 3.2 - 25th Anniversary in Silver (Engine Euro Converted - MSDS Sport Cam, Dansk Sport Exhaust)

Well Hello, but as they tend to say "pictures please or it never happened" :)

Are you on Oahu?

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone, new to this neighbourhood, great to have found a forum. 

I recently purchased an '89 3.2 Carrera, a bit of a dream come true really, the weekend has been a blur. I've owned a 997 C2S which I regretted selling and currently own a midnight blue '56 987 Boxster. The Carrera was my poster car growing up in the late 70's/80's. Here's a picture of me on Saturday on the 300 mile round trip home. Looking forward to making memories and drawing on the collective wisdom/experiences here. 

I'm based just north of Peterborough, if there are any fellow forum members in the area it would be great to know of any local(ish) meets. 

Regards, Dimitri 

52772224470_ff3faa573c_k.jpg

Edited by Bubblecar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bubblecar said:

Hi everyone, new to this neighbourhood, great to have found a forum. 

I recently purchased an '89 3.2 Carrera, a bit of a dream come true really, the weekend has been a blur. I've owned a 997 C2S which I regretted selling and currently own a midnight blue '56 987 Boxster. The Carrera was my poster car growing up in the late 70's/80's. Here's a picture of me on Saturday on the 300 mile round trip home. Looking forward to making memories and drawing on the collective wisdom/experiences here. 

I'm based just north of Peterborough, if there are any fellow forum members in the area it would be great to know of any local(ish) meets. 

Regards, Dimitri 

52772224470_ff3faa573c_k.jpg

Welcome, good looking car.  I’m just a short distance north of you so will be sure to notify you of anything going on.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently purchased this 1989 Targa to go with my '84 Coupe.

It's done 57,000 miles with around 6000 of those in the last couple of years and feels well sorted.

I have now decided NOT to fit the controversial gold Group 4 Campagnolo wheels discussed a few posts above as I think the cars will look better as a pair wearing correct type Fuchs.

With that in mind they'll be appearing for sale in the classifieds soon. 😄

761.jpg

762.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all.

Newb signing in for the first time.

Recently purchased a 1987 3.2 Carrera Sport.  Although I'll be getting out as frequently as possible whilever the weather holds out, I'm looking forward to next spring when hopefully I can get out properly -  in some sunshine and enjoy some great driving roads.

So far, impressions are very favourable indeed.  I'll post up some photos as soon as I've worked out how!

• 2 months later...