I've been at the Perkles shed of dreams today - here's an update:

Bare metal again:

P1010322.jpg

Door shut line will be perfect.

Metal Ready zinc primed:

P1010323.jpg

P1010325.jpg

P1010326.jpg

Epoxy primer then a coat of zinc primer.

P1010328.jpg

Next stop a skim of filler, more primer and then paint. You won't be able to see it once it's finished.

Good work Andy ;) - I appreciate your efforts mate.

Now I wasn't sure whether to apply the filler on top of the epoxy primer. I thought its generally best practice to apply onto bare metal? Plus you may struggle to get smooth feathering of the filler into the existing paintwork as the epoxy stuff might not sand that finely. Do I makes sense or am I talking out of my anus?

epoxy is used to bond to the metal and seal the surface its not for sanding ,filler goes on top as does filler primer,doesnt really matter if its the other way round because i still think your great Nige

What a foul day rain and wind ,Northy also helped us knock a chimney down bare handed without saftey goggles or marigolds

Just had the big call up to say the new duck tail has been painted - amazing, a three day turnaround and a great price - it's not often you get that! Lets hope the quality is good.... Pics to follow later on.

What a foul day rain and wind ,Northy also helped us knock a chimney down bare handed without saftey goggles or marigolds

Mr. P - with all due respect, the macho thing is all well and good, and I will admit to having left the goggles hanging above the work bench a time or two. But, an auto-cross buddy of mine recently lost the sight in one eye when a 3" cutoff wheel exploded while he was grinding away on his Carrera sans goggles. One bit neatly sliced off the iris and ricocheted around his eyeball to partly sever the optic nerve. His doctors have advised the damage is permanent.

While his newly acquired pirate patch is a wonder for attracting MILF, it has done little for his auto-cross times.

happy thanks giving Bob ! I have some safety glasses I just honestly forget to put them on sometimes between welding and grinding ,promise it wont happen again

Are you sure you read the previous post correctly Andy?

While his newly acquired pirate patch is a wonder for attracting MILF, it has done little for his auto-cross times.

happy thanks giving Bob ! I have some safety glasses I just honestly forget to put them on sometimes between welding and grinding ,promise it wont happen again

You need to wear them you stubborn bugger - you did get a few reminders!

Have a butchers hook at these:

P1010397.jpg

P1010400.jpg

P1010403.jpg

P1010408.jpg

P1010409.jpg

The painter did a good job. It wouldn't win a concourse event, but it's great for £110 (incl paint) and is good enough for me.

The Pro-9 duck is a great fit, I've not tightened it up, it's just nipped up on the hinges but you can see the profile of it is spot on. It's much better than my original OEM one was.

I've got a spare plastic grille, from the old duck, but it's too big for this. I reckon I'm going to copy Mr Ps grille instead. Pretty pleased with it really.

I'm loving that look Northy. Please excuse the numpty question, but what type of locking mechanism do these glassfibre lids use, i.e. how do they fit in place?

They use the same latch mechanism as a standard lid.