mrg3.6

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 8 months later...

Well the packers arrived today and half my house has just disappeared on it's long haul to Singapore.

72T was delivered to Bob Waston for storage and the 3.6SC will join her on Friday :mellow:

So for the first time in nearly 12 years I am about to be Porsche-less :(

Anyway, there are a few interesting cars currently for sale in Singapore including this one:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....t=ruf+singapore :rolleyes:

Martin

That's 2005! My mate Jeremy tried to buy it then and just missed out. He got a non-ruf 930 for a song instead, with full 993 rear suspension and g'box, 3.8RSR 964 rear bodywork, 993 GT2-ish front and ABS big red brakes. However, all the car tax is a killer - its 10s of thousands a year IIRC.

That's 2005! My mate Jeremy tried to buy it then and just missed out. He got a non-ruf 930 for a song instead, with full 993 rear suspension and g'box, 3.8RSR 964 rear bodywork, 993 GT2-ish front and ABS big red brakes. However, all the car tax is a killer - its 10s of thousands a year IIRC.

I guess your mates car must have been built by Andy Tatlow at Flatsix, he sent me the details of the 993 rear suspension mod some years ago - amazing work.

The Ruf it is now back on the market, nice but still a pile of money for a 4 speed: http://autoincsports.com/Porsche/RUFBTR/For%20Sale%20New.htm

With regard to Singapore car tax this approx S$2900 ( £1450) per year, whilst the 'big ticket tax' is called the COE (certificate of entitlement) which is renewed every 10 years and rolled into the selling price - I'll be driving a Honda 50 at this rate.

Martin

My mate Jeremy tried got a non-ruf 930 for a song instead, with full 993 rear suspension and g'box, 3.8RSR 964 rear bodywork, 993 GT2-ish front and ABS big red brakes.

This is one of Andy's 993 suspension conversions (could be your mate?) - big boy stuff :blink:

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

As Teaboy is looking to get rid of his 915, maybe he should consider this as his next project once the 993 wipers are installed :)

Martin

72T was delivered to Bob Waston for storage and the 3.6SC will join her on Friday :mellow:

So for the first time in nearly 12 years I am about to be Porsche-less :(

Good luck with the move mate - let me know if you need someone to take you for a virtual drive in one of your cars, pretty sure I could rig up a webcam and a 3G card to give you a pretty real experience :)

Good luck with the move mate - let me know if you need someone to take you for a virtual drive in one of your cars, pretty sure I could rig up a webcam and a 3G card to give you a pretty real experience :)

Thanks Jevvy, your kind offer is most appreciated :rolleyes:

Both cars are now with Bob and I'm trying to recover from a 13 hour flight before starting work tomorrow :(

Anyway, if anyone is passing through Singapore drop me a line and we'll arrange a beer or two ;)

Martin

• 7 years later...

Scary but's its been over 7 long years since I last parked up 3.6SC at poor old Bob Watson's place and headed off for a couple of years of toil under the Singapore sun.

Well all good things must come to an end and I'll be formally heading back home to work in good old blight next January to see whats left post Brexit.

Presently having the SC fettled and re-instated by Neil at BSMotorsport ready for the Xmas snow.

So looking forward to catching up with the IB boys next year :)

Martin

....'almost' formerly Singapore

Not selling anymore Martin? I notice at the beginning of this thread the value was placed at somewhere between £10.5-12k. I'll give you £12k now sight unseen if you're still selling!!

You'll need to add 7 years of storage on top too!