• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

further stupid questions pending.

post-233-1206520346_thumb.jpg

Anybody recognise these seats, I understand they are Recaro's but not sure from what period (70 / 80's?) and were they ever an optional fitment on an IB?

Thx

Martin

If I were ever to sell mine I'd do a quick backdate on it and stick it up for £30K!

ACE

You're a genius mate - the more I think about your backdate suggestion the more 'real sense' it makes.

An RS backdate is considerably less work than the originally planned RSR conversion and something I could even undertake myself followed up by a (local) re-spray possibly in the original colour which would deal with the tired paintwork.

This would make good use of the pre-73 parts I have already collected and would only need an investment in some some RS fibreglass bumpers whilst the RSR steel flares & other backdate parts would hit ebay

The end result would be a nice shiny 300hp RS 3.6 which as you rightly point out would invariably have more value than the equivalent SC sleeper - trouble is I may not want to sell it at all.

Hmmmmm - I need to sleep on this!

Thx

Martin

911SC 3.6

72T (RSR rep) pending

Why not keep it IB but make it super light like Rainer and Limey? All bolt on, easy to reverse and still an excuse for a paint job.

Hec y not make a C3 replica as those prices seem to be going strong?

Yeah I was thinking that.. better the devil you know.. And you get to enjoy all your previous mods/investment for longer.

Must be cheaper than importing an unknown quantity, and all that a@sing about to get it here...?

RS backdate and a SNAZZY new paint job gets my vote.

Db

I have seen backdates at 50 - 70k from dealers in magazines ,definately a more marketable option

Agreed - even at half this price the maths would stack up.

Why not keep it IB but make it super light like Rainer and Limey? All bolt on, easy to reverse and still an excuse for a paint job.

If it wasn't for the work associated with the turbo flares, I'd do a 74RS IROC backdate in a heartbeat but if I'm to maximise my return on the significant investment in the engine department, I think ACE & Andy have hit it on the nail by sticking with a 73 RS theme.

Must be cheaper than importing an unknown quantity, and all that a@sing about to get it here...? RS backdate and a SNAZZY new paint job gets my vote.

It get's my vote as well albeit it's too late for the import as I've already bitten the bullet.

So unless something goes horribly wrong I hope to have an 'old school' 72 RSR replica in beautiful condition that includes original 73 RSR parts as well as a hot Jerry Woods 2.7 MFI 7R mag setup heading across the pond in the near future. :rolleyes:

Martin

• 4 weeks later...
I'm seriously considering purchasing a really nice pre-73 Gruppe 911 from California and that leaves me with a real dilema as I would need to consider the 'un-thinkable' i.e. sell my RHD 83 SC 3.6 which I have driven for nearly ten years and brings a smile/fear to my face every time I boot that 3.6 on the way to work.

Here it comes :)

post-233-1209052719_thumb.jpg

Now the long long wait :(

Martin

Somehow missed this post,congarts Martin now the long wait really starts ! Let us know when you have an ETA I am looking forwad to seeing the car ,good luck Andy

Thanks Andy - so what am I supposed to do with myself in the interim - on second thoughts don't answer that :rolleyes:

Before JG kicks me off the site or I'm forced to convert the 72T into a SC, any thoughts on re-instating the 'Carrera' RS decals?

Here's what it used to look like:

post-233-1209286830_thumb.jpg

post-233-1209286890_thumb.jpg

Martin

Martin, if it were me I'd go decals, 'chrome' trim & RSR fuchs.

Will definately remove the black paint from the frames and raid Mrs G's brillo pads for the Fuchs but still a little tempted by this?

post-233-1209360571_thumb.jpg

Martin

still a little tempted by this

post-233-1209360571_thumb.jpg

Martin

I suppose you've seen this?

Gunnar Racing restored that car. Can't link direct to it. Go to completed projects and look for 1973 Porsche RSR. (the pink one)

• 5 months later...

ACE / Jevvy,

Do you guys have an Lambda O2 circuit on your 993 conversions.

I'm just having a full service done and it's been pointed out that my car doesn't have the Lambda circuit and maybe it should be reinstated - any thoughts?

Thx

Martin