Martin's 911SC 3.6

mrg3.6

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, I've got a lambda sensor on mine, pretty sure Jev has as well. However I ran without one for a while, didn't seem to make any difference, maybe a bit better MPG.

Any recommendations on positioning the 02 bung?

Thx

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just having a full service done and it's been pointed out that my car doesn't have the Lambda circuit and maybe it should be reinstated - any thoughts?

The 3.6 is still sitting at Camtune awaiting it's service coz it would appear that one of my son's rather large boots has ripped the OBD scan port out of the Patrick Motorsports '993 engine conversion' harnesses so they can't hook up a Bosch hammer. :(

Camtune is still trying to get hold of an appropriate wiring diagram from Patrick Motorsports but I'm not holding my breath so if any of you 3.6 convertors can assist with either a wiring diagram or some clues as to what wires go where it would certainly be appreciated.

Thx

Martin

Edited by mrg3.6

The 3.6 is still sitting at Camtune awaiting it's service coz it would appear that one of my son's rather large boots has ripped the OBD scan port out of the Patrick Motorsports '993 engine conversion' harnesses so they can't hook up a Bosch hammer. :(

Camtune is still trying to get hold of an appropriate wiring diagram from Patrick Motorsports but I'm not holding my breath so if any of you 3.6 convertors can assist with either a wiring diagram or some clues as to what wire goes where it would certainly be appreciated.

Thx

Martin

Will see if I can get some pics of mine for you.

Found one in my archives ;)

diagplug.jpg

This any help?

A little tricky to fathom out which pins the wires are aligned with but I will email to Camtune and see if they can make any sense of it.

Thanks again ACE :signs118:

Martin

Tim's is bespoke for the 3.6 conversion into a 3.2 car. I've got the instructions & loom sections for the SC conversion in the shed - I think it's slightly different. Will try and post a decent pic.

Good point - thx

Martin

Camtune is still trying to get hold of an appropriate wiring diagram from Patrick Motorsports but I'm not holding my breath so if any of you 3.6 convertors can assist with either a wiring diagram or some clues as to what wires go where it would certainly be appreciated.

Thx

Martin

Hi Martin.

Why do they need to connect the hammer to service it? My bet is that 9M mapped the motor to not use the o2 sensor - Wayne did with mine.

PM's harness is different to what I got from Timmins so not sure anything i have will help.

Why do they need to connect the hammer to service it? My bet is that 9M mapped the motor to not use the o2 sensor - Wayne did with mine.

The engine is overdue for a full service and performance seems to be a little off, which I am putting down to the worn rotor arms / distributor caps, however Camtune are keen to check the other engine parameters to ratify my humble opinion hence the need to plug the Bosch hammer into it's appropriate (de-wired) slot.

Otherwise the dark art of why some 993 conversions seem to need a lambda sensor whilst others don't use one is a complete mystery to me, however Camtune seem to think it has value and of course I can always disconnect it. :unsure:

Martin

Edited by mrg3.6

• 4 weeks later...
The engine is overdue for a full service and performance seems to be a little off

I did suspect that my driving skills hadn't improved that much.....the seemingly dull 3.6 has been completely transformed by a full service and more importantly a fresh distributor and has reverted back to 'scaring the sh1t out of me' mode - amazing how much power evaporates with a few missing sparks :steering:

Martin

you leaving the new ride script free then Martin ?

Nope, I want to get the 72t doors properly aligned / gapped before I apply any script, otherwise I'm still torn between using the RSR/RS 'Carrera' script or the earlier 'Porsche' script which could mean ditching the ducktail in line with the late 72ST :unsure: ?

Martin

Nope, I want to get the 72t doors properly aligned / gapped before I apply any script, otherwise I'm still torn between using the RSR/RS 'Carrera' script or the earlier 'Porsche' script which could mean ditching the ducktail in line with the late 72ST :unsure: ?

Martin

I think the duck tail really suits the car leave it on :)