SE London/Kent borders meet

Hi All,

A few of us have realized we live quite close and are trying to arrange a time and place to meet up.

The suggested location is the Danson Stables (a Pub), Danson Road, Danson Park, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 8HL.

This is about half a mile from the A2, so is easy to get to.

Who is interested and what are your suggested days and times?

Mark

I edited this post to include a poll and have posted an explanation in the thread as well.

Guest SEE YA
Cool Mark, i'm up for this and pretty flexiable with times and day at the momnet as i'm a student and all we do is drink and sleep alot, so i'm told.

have to check the weather for next week me thinks

Gurv

Can anyone join in my car goes back on the road around the 15 May ?.I am in Kent at the far end near the coast.

The drive will do my car good .

SEE YA

Can anyone join in my car goes back on the road around the 15 May ?.I am in Kent at the far end near the coast.

The drive will do my car good .

SEE YA

course you can matey, black turbo :bowdown: any chance of some pics of the beast

count me in

great this is looking good ancona blue will come too i'm sure.......................

this meet is looking good getting excited, just checked the weather its looking pretty crap up to Tuesday, will keep checking I think a weekday early evening would be best as the pub gets pretty busy weekends in good weather, how’d you chaps feel about that?

lovely turbo mate SEE YA, and Pete its a meet to show off ones IB

Edited by dojodubber

Still a few jobs to do on my car for this summer but it's on the road, so will try and make it. It's only a fifteen minute trip for me, although I have trouble driving past Bluewater.

Should we all be wearing IB tshirts?

Great, looks like interest growing and anyone is welcome.

Unfortunatly I am not around this comming week, but here are some suggested dates to help start to nail something down.

Sat 19 April afternoon, or evening

Sun 20 April anytime

Wed 23 April evening

Thur 24 April evening

Fri 25 April evening

Sat 26 April afternoon, or evening

Sun 27 April morning

Fri 2 May evening

Sat 3 May afternoon

Sun 4 May anytime

Mon 5 May evening

Tue 6 May evening

Sat 10 May afternoon

Sun 11 May anytime

If people state which of these options will NOT work for them over the next couple of days (deadline of Monday), I will put the remainder in a poll so we can all take a vote.

Mark

Guest SEE YA

Unfortunatly I am not around this comming week, but here are some suggested dates to help start to nail something down.

Sun 20 April anytime

Wed 23 April evening

Thur 24 April evening

Fri 25 April evening

Sun 27 April morning

Fri 2 May evening

Sat 3 May afternoon

Sun 4 May anytime

Mon 5 May evening

Tue 6 May evening

Sat 10 May afternoon

Sun 11 May anytime

If people state which of these options will NOT work for them over the next couple of days (deadline of Monday), I will put the remainder in a poll so we can all take a vote.

Mark

Hello good idea for me it will have to been after the 15 May due to work etc, and the car going back on the road as well as I work away .

SEE YA

P.S. Bring those IB shirts if you have one .

this meet is looking good getting excited, just checked the weather its looking pretty crap up to Tuesday, will keep checking I think a weekday early evening would be best as the pub gets pretty busy weekends in good weather, how’d you chaps feel about that?

lovely turbo mate SEE YA, and Pete its a meet to show off ones IB

Thanks every time I look at it I count my lucky stars .

SEE YA

Sun 20 April anytime

Wed 23 April evening

Thur 24 April evening

Fri 25 April evening

Sun 27 April morning

Fri 2 May evening

Sat 3 May afternoon

Sun 4 May anytime

Mon 5 May evening

Tue 6 May evening

Sat 10 May afternoon

Sun 11 May anytime

Mark

at the momnet they all seem fine to me Mark, would prefer to get a meet in april, maybe could become a monthly thing?

Edited by dojodubber

Hello good idea for me it will have to been after the 15 May due to work etc, and the car going back on the road as well as I work away .

SEE YA

Maybe you can make it to the second meet!

If you meet very, very early you could convoy down to Goodwood for the Breakfast Club meet. I would be up for other dates/times despite not having an IB at the moment

Good idea for a convoy to Goodwood

at the momnet they all seem fine to me Mark, would prefer to get a meet in april, maybe could become a monthly thing?

Agree on getting started in April and trying to make it monthly, lets see what other responses we get by Monday

Mark

dont get home from town till 6:30-7 plus 30 min drive ,will still be there though , wednesday is a free night for me , or we could always gatecrash the TIPEC do first friday of the month at the Bull in Wrotham ................... :whistling:

Guest SEE YA
dont get home from town till 6:30-7 plus 30 min drive ,will still be there though , wednesday is a free night for me , or we could always gatecrash the TIPEC do first friday of the month at the Bull in Wrotham ................... :whistling:

Have we had a head count yet on who is going ?.

SEE YA

Hi All,

A few of us have realized we live quite close and are trying to arrange a time and place to meet up.

The suggested location is the Danson Stables (a Pub), Danson Road, Danson Park, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 8HL.

This is about half a mile from the A2, so is easy to get to.

Who is interested and what are your suggested days and times?

Mark

Hi All

Put me in, weekday is my preference as with dojodubber, I think the week ends will be very busy.

Will be great to put some names to faces.

Ray

During the week would be better for me although I'm not sure I could always make 6.00 p.m.

Occasional weekend meets for drives or trips to Goodwood, Brands etc. would be cool too, providing wife and kids let me out.

Hi All,

OK, from the feedback two things are certain, it needs to be midweek and not everyone can make the proposed midweek dates in April.

Here is what I propose, for an April meeting Wednesday 23 or Thursday 24 from 7:30 (and again apologies to those this excludes, but at least we get something going and check out the venue) and for a May meeting Tuesday 27, Wednesday 28 or Thursday 29.

I edited my original post to include a poll, please make your selection (hope it works OK, first time I have added a poll to a thread!).

From there we can get a consensus on future dates, meeting places and other events.

Mark

Just thought i'd mention it, but i usually go to Danson Stables on the last Wed of the month with my old VW pals for a once a month meet up and it can get a bit crowded in the pub and car park.., especially in the summer, makes no difference to me but knowing a large crowd of people turn up on the last Wed of the month might make sense to pick an alternative weekday if a number of us on here are to turn up, depends if you want a seat & not wait ages & ages for drinks/ordering food if you intend to eat as well,

I'll be along whatever day is chosen but i personally can't arrive before 8pm due to the time i finish work and travel etc.

Chris,