SE London/Kent borders meet

are we going for the 7th then old chaps? :P

I plan to be there, but may be a bit late (8:30) as I will be returning from a business trip that afternoon.

not me i'm afraid i'm on hols, so you'll have to wait to meet my new arrival!

I hope i'm not banished to the other side of the car park..

Don't keep us all guessing! Did you go for a 993 with all the scary electrics?

YEP! sure did, scary electrics and all!

Well i been busy, very busy...but i'm mentally at peace with myself now i know what i'm doing..

Made some firm decisions, as you know the 3.2 cab got its new sills last month and a temp quick splash of paint just to cover the primer until the bodywork is done fully and properly, it was ready for daily use again whilst i got the SC motor sorted (rebuild or replace with a 3.6) but then the poxy gearbox then broke so i had to remove the 3.2 motor and box for repair/overhaul and have a think about what i was going to aim for.

Eventually made some (sensible i think)decisions

The 3.2 cab is getting a full gearbox overhaul & new clutch which just about complete's the mechanical stuff, the rest of the car being mechanically sound all round having had full brake refurb 18 months ago, a replacment fuel tank just before i brought it, recent alternator & battery oil pipes/engine cooler etc & it's only got 63k on the motor having had a full/top/bottom rebuild + the gear box being done now & it'll have new clutch, with the 2 outer sills 1 inner /jacking points kidney bowl etc & 2 door post panels, all it really needs is a bit of fettling to the bodywork and a damned nice coat of paint and it should look good and be well reliable for a good few years, and thats how i'm going to sell it, ready to use but needing a a bit of tidying and a fresh lick of paint,

i reckon on asking around 7k-ish for it cos im now busy doing the 993 thing

I decided i just had to have one..

Basically once i'd i flogged off all my excess stuff i had no time to deal with like my old 33' Velocette, i blew the modern bike fund, broke the bank, raided the kids money boxes, changed up my 1p and 2p collection put the mrs on the street and sold my soul to the devil,

then last saturday i finally picked it up, its a 95' Iris blue cab, previous luvvy/actor owner,?? (thankfully no signs of any gay sex going on in it?) i'm really happy with it, electrics and all!

Got some stone chips being attended to next week to make the bumper spiffing, it's a dream to drive, everything that's ever been written about a 993 being the best of the aircooled 911's appears to be true, they are really superb, i love the IB's but this is in a differnt class, road manners are brill, its a bit of a learning curve using the 6 speed manual box, i can't get used to changing into 5th on normal/non motorway roads, but i am slowly getting used to it, its weird, the rear suspension set up/cornering reminds me of my old 928, not 4 wheel steering exactly but similar, feels weird in a 911 at first, but easy to get used to, it definately inspires more speedy cornering.

basically its the best 911 i've driven/owned to date, yeah i like it, no, i love it.

It's a shame i won't be seeing the the old 3.2 refurb all the way through but soon as the gearbox is done it has to go up for sale, i need to park the 993 in the garage so i can fully concentrate on making the brown SC exactly how i want it and there is a huge big list of stuff to do,but it'll be nice not dealing/working on two projects at the same time.

having driven this new car im 99.999% sure i want a 3.6 in the lighter SC...

might be a while until funds are available due to the recend overspending ! but i reckon it'll be well worth the wait.

havent got any pics of the new one yet but i'll prob bring it along to the end of aug meet, Gurv been out for a spin in it and seemed to like it, i'm sure he'll tell you more at the meet inmy absence.

993's rock.

Edited by Anconablue72

Hi im new on here and would love to come along work permitting..I have a late 930 turbo..My name is Graham so hope to meet some of you then!! ;)

Guest SEE YA
Hi im new on here and would love to come along work permitting..I have a late 930 turbo..My name is Graham so hope to meet some of you then!! ;)

Got any pictures?.

Got any pictures?.

Should be a pic on the link in the post 2 above yours cheers Graham

Guest SEE YA
Should be a pic on the link in the post 2 above yours cheers Graham

Nice excellent, got a story to tell about buying it maybe?.

Nice excellent, got a story to tell about buying it maybe?.

Oh yes!!!! but wont have anything to talk about on thursday :whistling:http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg88/Gr...03012006128.jpg

This is a before shot hmmm bit of a mountain to climb....

looks nice mate, is it done or are these recent pics
Hi yes its done just got a couple of niggles to sort out and awaiting my wheels to come back from early 911, as im having them anodised...