Sladey's 3.2 Backdate Hot Rod

For those of you on ddk excuse the double posting. Thought I'd start my own little thread here as I'm here as often as I am on ddk.

Following on from my success with the door handles (+20bhp) I thought it was time to go faster still

Been thinking about this one for over a year and recently decided to take the plunge. With help from Nige and Defianty I narrowed down the right orange - I wanted something like blood orange. In the end I took the closest orange they had to the pantone orange.

At the same time they removed my black 'PORSCHE' letters from the engine lid. I've bought some of the small metal letters to go into their place - will pop up further pics once that's done.

Anyway here's the pics - I'm pretty pleased with the result

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

I'm now looking for sandbags or a fat b4stard to act as ballast - I reckon this must add another 30BHP on it's own.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude you must be pushing 275bhp now! Who needs a 3.6 transplant when stickers will do it.

:cool:

Think you might need some extra stickers on the side panels to balance it out, just think of the power gains.

You could be right there Nige - however don't forget I've got the handles pushing the sides forward now balanced by the stripe pushing the middle forward. This engineering lark's a piece of pish!

Quit the solicitor stuff and get proper job with wearing overalls, your wasted in your current position.

I can hear F1 teams knocking at your door already.

Living the dream mate.... LIVING the dream.

I say I say, I say I think I might prefer the sleek silver but looks good.

No worries - each to his own and it works for me which is all that matters.

Tell you what a nice silver stripe down the orange would look good :lol:

Looks pretty good to me.

What's your next move to make it even faster ;)

You could try the "Clive Butler Technique for Faster Cornering"

This was developed in my youth by my mate the aforementioned Clive Butler, who reckoned you could improve turn in by having the passenger lift and drop his leg repeatedly in an oscillating fashion (as if stamping on something whilst sitting) at the same time as the vehicle was cornering. It was important to use the correct leg - left for right turns and right for left, otherwise the whole thing worked against you. This theory was loosely based on gyros apparently.

Of course this was also the same bloke who turned up for work one morning unaware that there was a traffic cone embedded in the grille of his Mk3 Cortina GXL. :blink:

Traffic cone in the grill! that'll be RAM air intake then?

Sounds like Clive Butler was a forward thinking man who thought outside of the box to push the envelope of performance.

Where is he now? Other than working on Sladey's car.

Edited by Nige

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update. After tightening up my front a few months ago with the polybronze setup, I felt my rear could do with a bit of tweaking.

At Headingham castle I managed to pick up a set of these at a good price

rearbronzeset180.gif

and now just ordered:-

rearweathersealset200.gif

And..

swaybarrear.gif

Cue pathetic Beavis & Butthead style Heh Heh Heh...

Guest roadkill

lovin' the orange stripe,

That's pretty much the paint scheme i've been planning for my RSR looky thing, except i'm having the car a medium/dark non-metallic grey and probably doing the whole of the front and rear bumpers orange.

Thanks Jev

Roadkill - have you seen the pics of an RSR with this sort of scheme at Classic Lemans

IMG_4276.jpg

Looks cool - like the idea of it with a darker flatter grey. On the bumper thing that colour scheme was used on the Eioan Sloan S/T - looked well cool

Guest roadkill

Thanks Jev

Roadkill - have you seen the pics of an RSR with this sort of scheme at Classic Lemans

IMG_4276.jpg

Never thought i'd get aroused by paint! But i think it's just happened.

Never thought i'd get aroused by paint! But i think it's just happened.

If you go onto ddk lemans classic pics there are quite a few of this one - some of it in action - this one is my fave though

_Z3E3798.jpg