Steve's Strosek-bumpered 3.4 Carrera

Just use one bolt per seat. The 2 straps have to go thru the seat base hole and they spread out a little where they plug into the rotary coupling and straddle your tackle :) Its still often uncomfortable.

I haven't got a seat base hole, I was going to run them over the front edge of the seat to the floor, is that going to be a problem.

Can't see your picture here at work Ben unfortunately, got visions of trussed up tackle for some reason.

Edited by strosek34

+1 Without a hole in the seat, there is no right way of running crutch straps.

+1, crutch strap are there to stop you submarining, if they are not tight and right you could slide down and forward on the first impact taking the tension of the shoulder straps in time for the next barrel roll to rotate and twist your torso out from the shoulder straps so you can smack your noggin or your face, oh please not the face on the dash, a-pillar, steering wheel, tramac, armco, etc

Edited by World Citizen

+1, crutch strap are there to stop you submarining, if they are not tight and right you could slide down and forward on the first impact taking the tension of the shoulder straps in time for the next barrel roll to rotate and twist your torso out from the shoulder straps so you can smack your noggin or your face, oh please not the face on the dash, a-pillar, steering wheel, tramac, armco, etc

Cheers Steve, I think I get the message. :o

I've been using 4 points for the last few years that's why I've bought 6 pointers, didn't think about the problems with mounting the crotch straps.

I've got Corbeau recliners with no holes in the base, used to have a proper bucket seat but got fed up of moving it backwards and forwards to get in an out.

Also my cars LHD so it sound like I might be bolting through the ECU. :blink:

Also my cars LHD so it sound like I might be bolting through the ECU. :blink:

I'm sure you can get past that problem - possibly slightly moving the ECU? other 3.2s must have this issue with RHD cars.

I can sense some new seats being purchased in the near future! and all in the name of safety.........

The ECU part is easy as you bolt just behind the ECU - same as my passenger seat.

Getting the holes in the seats is just time and money. Any trimmer will be able to add the holes - its not difficult or particularly expensive. I honestly wouldn't drive in a 4 point harness for any distance, I can't see how you can get the lap belts to sit low enough and have any tension on the shoulder belts. I don't see how manufacturers can sell new cars with 4 point belts (Ferrari et al you know who you are). The potential for liability is massive. Steve (World Citizen) - you might have a quiet word to the corporate lawyers, no?

I'm sure you can get past that problem - possibly slightly moving the ECU? other 3.2s must have this issue with RHD cars.

I can sense some new seats being purchased in the near future! and all in the name of safety.........

No,

ECU always under the nearside seat, so no issues with RHD cars.

I don't really want to get new seats as I like what I have, (recliners) It would probably have to be a bucket seat to set the hole thro' seat option.

RB answered the issue about where to put the holes, just behind the ECU.

I don't really want to get new seats as I like what I have, (recliners) It would probably have to be a bucket seat to set the hole thro' seat option.

No need for new seats - I have seen recliners with holes added. What seats do you have? It might even be DIY easy.

No need for new seats - I have seen recliners with holes added. What seats do you have? It might even be DIY easy.

I've got Corbeau recliners, can remember model name, they've got cutouts in the uprights, It might be DIY'able.

post-272-1334852122_thumb.jpg

ideal to bring the harness up where that forward seem is in the seat base - you think a good trimmer should be able to make the look like it was supposed to be there :)

Yes Ben,

I sat in it last night and that's about the right place,

Pass the scapel nurse !!!

• 7 years later...

Thought I'd update this thread while I'm looking at old pictures,  1st piccie is what my car look like for quite a few years,

20140706_183252.thumb.jpg.04a99f8bd41b4afe77f0fa6a0feef672.jpg

Now looks like this,

20180429_163453.thumb.jpg.41f7ad73c1dd3a4b6ee0ce1e27885d05.jpg

20180429_163514.thumb.jpg.0114f901c2e5bfda12050d41fdb18a4b.jpg

Clubautosport bumpers fitted.

• Like 5

Thanks chaps,  I like the way it’s turned out.

It’s already well modded Alex,  so nothing major planned,  

I’ve just had a go at making a new set of carpets from a couple of rolls of light weight carpet I bought, with mixed success, harder than I thought it would be to be honest,  all rear seats etc were deleted long ago.

Wheels could do with a refurb so i’ll probably tackle those next.

Nice work Steve.  I have the Club Autosports on mine, although your rear bumper is a much better fit than mine, Mine has step at the sides, which means it's quite happy along the back.  Did you have to mod them at all?  I have the 964 smile on mine at the front.

Cheers

Kevin

I still have the Strosek bumpers,  don’t know whether to try and sell them,  front one needs some repair work.

Kevin,

I had to make some small cuts on the front bumper top face where the flanges for the  inner wing and bonnet aperture met, they are covered by the bonnet,  also had to cut some extra material out of the front indicator pockets,  I didn’t think the pockets were recessed enough to make them fit as well as I would have liked.

Otherwise not too much fettling.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:06 PM, strosek34 said:

I still have the Strosek bumpers,  don’t know whether to try and sell them,  front one needs some repair work.

Kevin,

I had to make some small cuts on the front bumper top face where the flanges for the  inner wing and bonnet aperture met, they are covered by the bonnet,  also had to cut some extra material out of the front indicator pockets,  I didn’t think the pockets were recessed enough to make them fit as well as I would have liked.

Otherwise not too much fettling.

Thanks Steve, appreciate the info, I did the same for the front.  I will have a look at the rear bumper at some stage to see if I can get it to a more snug fit.