1972 911 Targa shell (only) OR rolling OR rolling + gearbox

Strictly

I have a 1972 911 LHD Targa shell for sale, not strictly an IB, but it has been given the IB turbo look, and has IB parts (SC/3.2 suspension)

It does NOT have a chassis number/VIN or any paperwork, and its only use is realistically for metal/parts to restore another 911, or perhaps as some sort of garden BBQ/display. Its otherwise very rusty, and I cant see this ever going back on the road. Even with a Q plate, if someone was that crazy to even consider trying to restore it.

There is still some good metal in the back half, which will be of use, particularly as you cannot buy all the panels (last time I looked).

Its for sale as follows

(A) Body shell only, will be on a pallet £1250

Literally a bare shell on a pallet; its braced, as without the bracing it would snap in half, even then no promises during transport! Will need lifting on and off a trailer either end.

(B) "Rolling" Shell, £2650

All parts as pictured in the link, but note the doors are gone, and the wheels are gone.

I have 3 random wheels, 2 steels, and 1 cookie, so it will be "rolling" but not quite. Will need another wheel for it to be rolling, so you may need to send me one for transport. The rear wishbones are later, 3.2 I am thinking, the front suspension is from an SC, the other body parts and panels are all a bit random. You can see it has turbo wings, but if you look closely, you can tell is it unmistakably a 72 LHD shell, due to the oil tank bits, etc

(C) "Rolling" Shell + Gearbox (902/14, 4 speed, 1969, £4450

As above option B plus a 1969 4 speed gearbox (902/14), Ive not used the box, It came from a 69 UK RHD 911 on the road, which had a full upgrade to SC engine/box, in 2018. I'm told its good, and it comes from a very well known forum member, but other than that I dont know much more about it.

====

Unless the shell sells (A) then any parts are pictured otherwise currently not for sale, except for the gearbox

===

Pics here :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xgmqefo6hv81x6i/AADZfM-R0g_2RKDk_n4NpPNSa?dl=0

====

Luke 07725 860116 (AFTER 5 PM Mon-Fri)
CORNWALL

DSC_1735.JPG

DSC_1736.JPG

Just to say, dont be afraid to make an offer, im totally of the mind that different things are worth different things to different people. And, i know me being in Cornwall, always adds a further barrier due to the additional cost of transport.

I'll cut the best deal on C, then B, then A, but anything goes, and not worry you won't offend me. 

A fair bit of the rear metal is usable. If no interest, between now and xmas, then over xmas, I will just use the shell to fit a load of parts I have in boxes, which makes for a tidy storage system, then keep until I need for another 911 or a better shell comes up (i.e something that could realistically go on the road again). 

Luke

• johndglynn changed the title to 1972 911 Targa shell (only) OR rolling OR rolling + gearbox
  • 7 months later...

I'm having a clear out to make way for buying some more parts for my 911. As above, but reduction in price as follows below

Pics in dropbox link, not as per my above description not all parts are present (just read above).

• Option A) £650 see option A description 
  • Option B) £1250 see option B description. 
  • Option C) no longer an option

Note that unless it goes as A, no other parts available, i.e to get the suspension you have to by B in its entirety.