Fuel Expansion tank woes

V4man

Hi, I need some help please

Whilst replacing my front shock inserts yesterday I spent the day chasing other issues. I was replacing them as I had a knocking as I drove home last time, anyway, theye were both knackered (play) but as it turns out the real issue was a broken anti-roll bar bracket (new control arm on order). Anyway, not the subject of this help request....

I also discovered that a hose that goes to the expansion tank under the wing above the washer bottle was broken, I have also been meaning to take the washer bottle off and clean it out as it smells so took the whole lot out (more nightmares with seized bolts!). I then discovered the other hose to the tank was missing and the nipple broken off. I have ordered a replacement tank but for the life of me I cant see where that second connection goes to. Can anyone help?

Bin the expansion tank and replace with a valve. Bin the washer bottle and replace with a £10 ebay jobbie mounted under the bonnet. Less to collect mud under the wing and less weight and easier access.

• Like 1

Note sure this makes it any clearer. The bottom hose 'inlet' connects to the small expansion tank, the top one goes via 13-21-14 and ends in a "protection cap" not sure what that is looks like it just vents it.

expansion.jpg

Edited by TargaWayne

This might help. I'm assuming the bit that was broke of was the bit circled in red. I believe it should connect a 5mm pipe that passes through the inner wing roughly where the green arrow is. It emerges by (below) the fusebox (blue arrow) and another hose carries any fumes away under the car somewhere   

newvapor2.jpg

newvapor3.jpg