How do I remove the 911 Door Window seal

Guest VYY930

Hi,

I have been pondering over the removal of the door window seal. The seal is the outer one which slides in a groove along the lower edge of the door glass aperture.

I can see the new rubber seal is grooved but I cant remove the old one due to the fact that the bottom edge of the seal locates into another groove on another piece of plastic door strip.

It would appear as though the only way to remove the rubber seal I am looking at is to remove this "other" plastic strip first. (Hope this makes some kind of sense to someone!).

Does the plastic strip slide horizontally along the door or something as it does move a few mm's in either direction?

Any one got any help clue's on this please?

Thanks,

Chris

Are we talking about the little strip which runs along the bottom of the quarterlight Chris? It slides in between the base of the quarterlight and the ally trim which runs the length of the door top and will slide forwards out of it's slot if you open the door.

If we are talking about the actual rubber strip which runs along the outer edge of the window, to get that off you carefully pry the ally top trim up out of the door and the weatherseal is fixed underneath that.

Pic 4 u:

gallery_1_2_74585.jpg

Are we talking about the little strip which runs along the bottom of the quarterlight Chris? It slides in between the base of the quarterlight and the ally trim which runs the length of the door top and will slide forwards out of it's slot if you open the door.

If we are talking about the actual rubber strip which runs along the outer edge of the window, to get that off you carefully pry the ally top trim up out of the door and the weatherseal is fixed underneath that.

Pic 4 u:

gallery_1_2_74585.jpg

Aha, that gives me an idea as to how the thing is removed. The only difference is that the rubber seal I am trying to replace is the one further back on the door ie, the main window glass. So, looking in the image you provided I guess the bit I need to pull up is that bit of plastic to the left of the thin strip you have pulled out of your door, then below that is the one I want to remove and is made of rubber.

Would that be the correct way for removal, ie, pull the damn thing up and off the door?

Thanks

Aha, that gives me an idea as to how the thing is removed. The only difference is that the rubber seal I am trying to replace is the one further back on the door ie, the main window glass. So, looking in the image you provided I guess the bit I need to pull up is that bit of plastic to the left of the thin strip you have pulled out of your door, then below that is the one I want to remove and is made of rubber.

Would that be the correct way for removal, ie, pull the damn thing up and off the door?

Thanks

It was how I thought it was.. I've sorted the new weather strip out and was just as you mentioned and directed.

Excellent and thank you for your help.

Chris

OK first don't 'pull any damn thing off' :D

The trim to the left of that is made from ally, not plastic (not much plastic on an IB) and will bend like a bugger if you just pull at it. Lever it up very gently and very carefully, starting at the handle end. It is held on by little springs underneath and will come up easy enough, just take your time. The actual weatherstrip is fixed under that, should be easy change it from there.