Electric window problem

nrw34260

31 minutes ago, SilverWT said:

As I said, someone has been messing with things in the past, so no point in trying to understand/rationalise things. Porsche connected the power windows to work only when the ignition was in position 1 & 2 when the doors were closed for safety reasons (to stop kids left in the car operating the windows), on both the SC and 3.2. 

Personally, I would try moving the earth currently that is on 85 to 85b and then adding a direct chassis earth to 85.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for all your input!

Connected 85 direct to earth - the interior lights stay on all the time

85b or 87b as on my Relay is live. There is a direct connection between 87b and 30

The relay I have is 911 615 109 11 but the parts manual says the widow relay should be 911 612 147 00

20190228_162241.thumb.jpg.2bff4f87891a21e9d364c75ec64bc04c.jpg20190228_162312.thumb.jpg.32a22102c9b361f3fbd9c0932bbe40a7.jpg

1 hour ago, SilverWT said:

As I said, someone has been messing with things in the past, so no point in trying to understand/rationalise things. Porsche connected the power windows to work only when the ignition was in position 1 & 2 when the doors were closed for safety reasons (to stop kids left in the car operating the windows), on both the SC and 3.2. 

Personally, I would try moving the earth currently that is on 85 to 85b and then adding a direct chassis earth to 85.

Mark

The crazy thing is, the windows were working up to about 6 weeks ago.

16 hours ago, SilverWT said:

Mark

Hi,

I have owned the car 25 years and I have never touched the electrics to the doors. The windows have always worked door open/closed and the interior lights worked.

Suddenly 6 weeks ago they started to play up. Now we have narrowed it down to the earth on the door switch but cannot understand why it was working before.

There are only 4 pins in the relay plug, 30-85-86-87. There is no connection in 85b/87b

I can remove the fuse in Fuse1 Box 3 which controls the interior lights and the windows work as they should. But why? As the earth is not connected with the doors closed.

If I connect the earth on 85 to the chassis, the interior lights stay on.

I am missing something here, but cannot work out what it is.

So it must be a broken or disconnected wire or a fecked relay? The door light contact switches are normally the problem, either earthing or not earthing or the wire comes off the back when you try and tighten them up

23 minutes ago, Type911 said:

So it must be a broken or disconnected wire or a fecked relay? The door light contact switches are normally the problem, either earthing or not earthing or the wire comes off the back when you try and tighten them up

Checked both wires to the pin switches

Checked relay