Looking for a 911 2.7 - help required

Planty

Dear All

I'm new to Impact Bumpers but having read a load of the stuff in the forum, it is clearly a great place for info. I'm just coming to the end of 7 demanding months in Afghanistan and have at last decided that it is time to realise the Porsche dream.

I think what I am after is a 2.7 Targa. Have given it a lot of thought and have considered SCs and 3.2 Carerras but I keep coming back to the lines of the earlier cars and, in my opinion, they look great as Targas.

I will not be able to afford an immaculate car and sound bodywork would be my highest priority. A decent interior would also be nice and any mechanicals that need doing I can sort over time.

Any advice and the sharing of experiences would be most welcome - relative merits of 2.7 vs 2.7S, what sort of money should I be thinking about spending, are there any cars out there now, key things to look for when viewing???

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Planty

Welcome.

Narrow body targa, nice choise.

There was one for sale in Brighton about a year ago, lovely it was, had tartan interior too.

Also, a place up north called RS Classics I think had an early car, plus a couple of SC's. Cant seem to find a link now.

Do remember while the 2.7's look look, anything less than a 3.0 ltr is a wannabe. :ani_nerd:

Dear All

I'm new to Impact Bumpers but having read a load of the stuff in the forum, it is clearly a great place for info. I'm just coming to the end of 7 demanding months in Afghanistan and have at last decided that it is time to realise the Porsche dream.

I think what I am after is a 2.7 Targa. Have given it a lot of thought and have considered SCs and 3.2 Carerras but I keep coming back to the lines of the earlier cars and, in my opinion, they look great as Targas.

I will not be able to afford an immaculate car and sound bodywork would be my highest priority. A decent interior would also be nice and any mechanicals that need doing I can sort over time.

Any advice and the sharing of experiences would be most welcome - relative merits of 2.7 vs 2.7S, what sort of money should I be thinking about spending, are there any cars out there now, key things to look for when viewing???

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Planty

Can't help you out much as I'm in Australia except to say top choice. I owned a '76 2.7 Targa from 1997 to 2001 and it was a sweet car. The 2.7's are a nice free revving motor, well ballanced and great fun. Good luck with your search.

Welcome.

Narrow body targa, nice choise.

There was one for sale in Brighton about a year ago, lovely it was, had tartan interior too.

Also, a place up north called RS Classics I think had an early car, plus a couple of SC's. Cant seem to find a link now.

Do remember while the 2.7's look look, anything less than a 3.0 ltr is a wannabe. :ani_nerd:

Yes, the 3.0 litre cars are nice but you have to be careful. It seems that Porsches QC wasn't all that good and you'd be surprised how many cars they forgot to fit the turbo to! ;)