More exhaust stuff......

Hello,

I have the sport Dansk rear box on my 3.2 (1 in 2 out) and I have never been totally happy with it - in terms of looks and sound.

I have looked through the various threads on M & K's and Turbo Thomas and I am thinking about these as the alternative. Where are they available in the UK? Any websites where I can see the options (not sure whether to stick with 2 out since I have already cut the valence!). The Turbo Thomas website does not seem to show the 1 in option?

JG - do Tuthill do a nice sounding 1 in 1 out for a 3.2? Do you know if they're expensive?

I want a nice sound but not loud. And I may have a Dansk unit going cheap....... ;)

Cheers

Rich

edit - I found this but theres been no update for a while.

http://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.p...ic=3942&hl=

although this was more up to date

http://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.p...gnola&st=20

Edited by dickster

I am really pleased with my M&K [1 in 2 out] It gives a completely different sound to any other Silencer and almost sounds quite metallicy / raspy at the higher end of the rev range. If you want something quieter than your dansk - this is not it!

I know that M&K do a 1 in 1 out wich Ace used to have [MrP had one that he sold to RichS, who then moved it on to OJT!) This could be a good option for you.

I have no experiance of Turbo Thomas so can't really comment

I bought it directly from Ben a few years back and paid $500 and about £80 import duty - much cheaper than today's prices.

If I was in the market to buy another one, it would be another M&K

HTH

Guest rich s
I am really pleased with my M&K [1 in 2 out] It gives a completely different sound to any other Silencer and almost sounds quite metallicy / raspy at the higher end of the rev range. If you want something quieter than your dansk - this is not it!

I know that M&K do a 1 in 1 out wich Ace used to have [MrP had one that he sold to RichS, who then moved it on to OJT!) This could be a good option for you.

I have no experiance of Turbo Thomas so can't really comment

I bought it directly from Ben a few years back and paid $500 and about £80 import duty - much cheaper than today's prices.

If I was in the market to buy another one, it would be another M&K

HTH

The M&K was already on the Targa when Mr.P sold the car to me, so I gave it a fair chance but in the end couldn't live with the noise ... nor could my neighbours, or dogs, or wife ...! Its the raw metallic rasp that I couldn't get on with!

The Turbo Thomas has a deeper, richer sound - more refined and subdued, but still with the full flat six rasp and bark at higher revs.

Rich, just bear in mind that those 2-out Dansks make great power, whatever about the sound. The 2 in 2 out Dansks in particular dyno really strongly on SSI-equipped IBs.

Thanks John, that's good to know (I shouldn't have a problem selling it then!). I know it makes more than stock as it was dynoed when I fitted it.

Its not a great sound though - and the looks....... :o