Rear ARB mounts......Grrrrrrr!

Trying to drop the front of my engine to fit a new Hi-Torque starter motor last night and got stuck for more than an hour trying to undo one of the ARB mounts! One of the captive nuts had "uncaptivated" itself and was just spinning. It is a right feeling struggle to get a ring spanner in there to get a hold of it and it was a good job it was the upper rear most of the two as the lower forward one I would never got into.

This post is just to vent my frustration (although I triumphed in the end) Anyone else had the same problem?

+1 on those - wore through the original mounts, wore through the porsche 'strengthened ' mounts, but the wevos have been on there for the last 50,000 miles with no problems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What are they made of? I thought they looked like cast aluminium in the picture, so wondered how you attached them. Reviewing the fitting guide it would appear they are not.

The mounts are good on my car and I managed to sort the problem and have a solution for the future with new bolts and lock nuts but these are good to know about when they do give up the ghost. Cheers.

Edited by Wingnonut